Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Poorly Kitty - Fundraising to for surgery, any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Lions92, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Lions92

Lions92 PetForums Newbie

Hi,

Many apologies if this isn't the right forum category to post in but does anyone know of any websites where I would be able to raise awareness for one of my family's poorly cats? He's torn ligaments in his upper and bottom of his back leg (and he was a three legged cat to begin with so it's not that great for him right now) so we're trying to raise money for his surgery.

We've raised a fair amount so far but we're still around 1 - 1,5k away from making it all possible so I'm trying to think of all avenues possible to fully maximise the awareness towards it.

If anyone could help me with suggestions as to any websites/forums they may know of would really go a long way towards helping us out, we've got a month or two till the vet says his leg will seize so the sooner we get him in for surgery the better.

Many thanks in advance,

Paul

2. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

Maybe set up a go fund me & then link to an account detailing your cat on Instagram

Calvine likes this.
  3. Lions92

Lions92 PetForums Newbie

Hi Summercat,

Thanks for your response, we do have a GoFundMe setup and the response we've had has been absolutely astounding! As for Instagram, I don't actually use it haha. Do you mean link the Instagram account/profile to my personal details on PetForums?

Paul

EDIT: I've added the GoFundMe into the "Homepage" section on my profile if that's what you meant? :)

#3 Lions92, Sep 25, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  4. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

Hi,
    No I meant set up an instagram for your cat.
    Post photos and explanation.
    Then use tag words with hashtags such as #cathelp #tripodcat #catsofinstagram. People may see your posts and your cats story and help.
    Best to update with progress and vet bills to show genuine. Probably you may get some help that way.
    You can put the Gofundme in your Instagram profile also.

Calvine and chillminx like this.
  5. Arny

Arny PetForums VIP

If you haven't already ask the vet if they do payment plans.

6. Lions92

Lions92 PetForums Newbie

My missus does have an Instagram so I'll forward your suggestion onto her, thank you so much with tag suggestions. We've got tons of pictures and videos of him so we can be sure to get those on there too.

We're seen a couple of vets (and still have a few more left) for consultations, some of them do payment plans which is great. If we can find one cheaper without sacrificing quality of care then we'd definitely opt for that but we'll see what happens over the next couple of days/through the week, we're hopeful to try and get him booked in for surgery soon though.

Calvine likes this.
  7. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

Welcome & good luck

8. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

OK, I may be stating the obvious here, but do please check now how long a waiting list they have. My Gloria (four-year-old cat) had vaccinations/MOT early July, at which point they found a dodgy tooth which has to be removed. Rang them mid-August to book her in for a dental procedure, SEVEN-week waiting list (that's almost two months to 8 October) - I imagine all the people who wanted spays/castrations for their pets during lockdown were automatically on (top of) a waiting list, possibly since March. Anyway, it's not affecting her appetite, fortunately. But this is a vet that I know, and whom I have used for some years and there was nothing earlier, supposedly.. You may need to get on a waiting list now, during which time you may well have the cash together. Just saying . . . I wish you and your cat well - he looks lovely!

#8 Calvine, Sep 25, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice