Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Poorly indie acting very strange

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by sophieanne93, Nov 8, 2012.

1. sophieanne93

sophieanne93 PetForums Member

My dogs are going though the wars at the moment!!! - tonight indie has not been herself at all, she's moping and sleeping a lot, doesn't want food, even chicken which she goes mad for! She's normally very excited when I come in from work but tonight she gave me a little tail wag and went and laid down. Her nose is very hot and dry and doesn't even wanna chase demon or the cats ehich is when I know something is up! Anyone have an idea what it could be? She ate something earlier on our walk but I didn't see what it was but she hasn't been sick but I haven't seen what her poo is like to see if she has a bad tum... Very sad seeing her all miserable :(

2. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Although not always an accurate indicator very hot dry cracked noses can be a sign of a high temperature, are her ears red hot too and in her arm pits and groin that too can sometimes give you a rough indication of a high temp.

When she ate earlier today, did she chase and run around madly after eating?
    Whats her stomach feel like? Is it soft and palpable, or bloated hard and tight like a drum skin? Any signs of stretching and arching her back a lot thats often a sign of stomach pain, or paying attention to her stomach. If when she previously ate and ran around after and her stomach is hard bloated and tight like a drum it can be a sign of bloat that can be a serious condition, Mals can be prone to it, and if it was bloat its a vet emergency as it can turn to gastric tortion, so just check for these signs. With bloat too they sometimes usually try to vomit and nothing comes up.

Any signs of panting or increased respiratory rate, or very slow shallow breathing. Whats her gum colour like? are her gums pink and heathy looking and shiny and moist? Pale especially whitish gums can be a sign of aneamia,So can pale eye rims. dry sticky gums can be a sign of dehydration. If you push a index finger up against the upper outside gum, it should blanche where you have pushed it and return to normal colour within 1/2 seconds, longer then that and a delay can mean a circulatory problem. Whites of eyes should be white and clear, any signs of yellowing to the whites of the eyes or yellowing to the gums can be a sign of jaundice/liver problems. Any brusing patches on the gums or anywhere to the skin can mean anemia or blood problems.

Not knowing what she could have eaten today, a through check of the things above should give you an indication of anything possibly serious.

3. sophieanne93

sophieanne93 PetForums Member

No she's normally calm after a meal we don't let her go out and run for at least 20/30 mins. She didn't eat all of her dinner and seemed very spaced out but she had been worn out from playing with the pup so put it down to tiredness. Her eyes and gums seem normal and her belly feels normal although she does feel hot. Can't tell from ears as she's laying in the garden and it's freezing out! She is doing a gentle pant but it's quite warm in the house so she was probably hot before going outside. Shes normally really playful with the pup but she's been grumpy with him too and won't play just seems to wanna sleep. Am gonns see what she's like in the night when we see to demon and perhaps see vet if no better

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice