Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Poorly Hen...

Discussion in 'Poultry Health and Nutrition' started by mazzymoomoo, Aug 6, 2009.

1. mazzymoomoo

mazzymoomoo PetForums Newbie

Hey, i bought my Hens around 8 weeks ago, and now one seems quite poorly.

They are about 12-15 weeks now i think, not too sure, not laying.
    One seems perfectly fine, pecks about everywhere, very perky. The other however, seems very lethargic, head always hunched in as if shes always asleep, she does have a wonder round, a drink everyso often, and a peck at her food now and again, but she is alot smaller than the other one, and seems light-ish. Yelloey/orangey poop... and she seems to labour her breathing a little, i massage her neck and chest every so often, and that seems to make her open her neck and beak more....but still seems forced breathing.

Any ideas or suggestions??

2. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

Id get her cecked she may have a crop infection. Are they wormed also. Respritory infections can be serious in birds se may need antibiotics or something.

3. mazzymoomoo

mazzymoomoo PetForums Newbie

Well, i went to check her not long after posting on here, and she was limp, lying on one side and hardly breathing. so we made the hard decision to put her out of her misery. i'm trying so hard to reason with myself. She had no quality of life as she wasnt even walking. :( My coop is now occupied with one Hen.... :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice