Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Poorly Hamster Advice

Discussion in 'Small Animal Chat' started by Nikki413, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Nikki413

Nikki413 PetForums Newbie

Hello
    I am new to posting on a forum. I got a syrian hamster from Pets at Home in May. A couple of weeks ago he developed a sticky eye. I cleaned it every day, but it kept coming back, and then Hammie started sneezing aswell, it also looked like he developed a lump under his eye. I took him to the vets as he has not been himself and was worried about this lump/sneezing/sticky eye. They looked him over and said they didnt think it was a lump, more his fir matting. He has bewn given antibiotics and eye cream. When i give him his antibiotics he obviously isnt happy and he puffs up his cheeks! Is this normal?its been 4 days and he still has a sticky eye and sneezing and he is still sleeping a lot.
    Has anyone had anything like this before? Is there anything else i can do for him so he isnt suffering

2. Once upon a gerbil (or 2)

Once upon a gerbil (or 2) PetForums Junior

The best thing to do is go back to the vets again because if there is a problem, it would be the antibiotics that have caused it. Your best bet is going back there. Sorry I don't have any other advice, its dangerous to mess with antibiotics and tablets especially to do with small animals :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice