Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Poorly ham??.....

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by srhdufe, Jul 3, 2009.

1. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

One of the hamsters i was ranting on about yesterday (the one that desperately needed a bath) seems to have something wrong with him.

He seems a have a very large lump on his back end. I first thought that his balls were swollen but the lump seems to be under them. The lump must have been there for quite a long time as it's the size of a golf ball!
    He walks around quite slowly but is eating (a lot) and drinking fine.
    I will be going to the vet with him asap but just wanted to ask if you have any ideas as to what it can be? I'm hoping it is just an infection he's got as, well, you saw what a mess he was in, right!! :mad:

2. Neza

Neza PetForums VIP

I'd say it has a better chance of being an infection then a tumor. In my experience it can happen easily to a male hamster, especially in that region, due to a bite or just bad care, they are very sensitive there. The vet will know for sure.

3. Marcia

Marcia PetForums VIP

My guess is a either a tumor or an abscess :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice