UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

For the last few weeks my ginger tom has been having a problem with his eyes.
He was a house cat for two years and has recently just started going outside, so I thought he may be getting something from outside in his eyes (I hope thats what it is!).
One day both eyes are fine, the next one is closed and watering. The next day they'll be fine, then the next it'll be the other eye.

What Could this be?
Any suggestions are greatly apprecited.

·
Registered
22,552 Posts
Hiya, it may well be an allergy as he's not used to being outside. I would take him to see the vet so they can give you a definate prognosis. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Do you have a bottle of OptiClear handy? That's an eye wash made for dogs and cats. If there is anything irritating his eyes, they need to be cleaned out.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi

Well I used a product called "Golden Eye" on my persian when she get mild infections and it works fine. I also bathe them regularly with cooled boiled water with just a inch of salt in - like I did when my children were babies! This removes any stickyness.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.