Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Poorly chicken

Discussion in 'Poultry Chat' started by GiGiBobBob, May 1, 2019.

1. GiGiBobBob

GiGiBobBob PetForums Newbie

hello.
    I’m really hoping someone can help. We have 5 hybrid hens (battery farm rescued) and our lowest in the flock has become very quiet and subdued. She just stands in one spot and looks completely zoned out. The top hens will randomly run at her and peck her, jumping on her and pull feathers. I couldn’t cope any longer so have brought her into the house for some tlc. There’s a chance she has impacted crop but without being experienced i’m Not 100% sure, her crop was golf ball sized this morning and quite hard. I have given her crop a massage that seemed to loosen things up, she also seemed to be a bit windy once I had done this? Is this normal? I have kept food away and just left water with a little ACV in. Any other suggestions or ideas would be gratefully received?
    Thank you
    Ps I haven’t seen her eat any of the girls normal feed, but she did have some cabbage last night when being held by us and some scrambled eggs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice