Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Poorly cat?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by StuNo1, Jun 5, 2010.

1. StuNo1

StuNo1 PetForums Junior

Hi,

One of my cats throws up a lot! Always 10 mins or so after eating, the food is not digested at all, there is no blood in the vomit though. My parents cat does this a lot as well but the vet never diagnosed an issue with their cat.

Is this usual. Also, sometimes there is grass in there and some times there is not. He is long haired and does bring up fur balls/slugs! but dont think this is the issue.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Cheers

Stuart

2. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Hello! Almost sounds as though he is eating too fast! What are you feeding him?

Could you stop feeding him the food in one go and spread it out over two or three helpings at one meal with lets say 10 min apart? I tried that once with one of my cats that was just wolfing food down and it is was a bit of potluck as to whether it stayed in or not.

Overall, how many meals are you feeding a day?

Sorry, so many questions....

3. StuNo1

StuNo1 PetForums Junior

Hi, we feed him 2 times a day, some whiskers and meat and some biscuits. I think it may be him eating too fast. Only issue we have is when we reduce his portions he eats his brotherts as well so is ill less but still ill. Maybe i need to monitor and control him more?

Stuart

4. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Ha, that was going to be my next question (didn't want to overload on the first post lol). How many other cats are there? Is the dry left out all day? When you say meat - really meat?

5. StuNo1

StuNo1 PetForums Junior

There's two cats and yes the dxry is out all day until we get home from work and give them new food. We give them whiskas meat and go-cat biscuits.

6. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Reason I was asking is some cats gobble up food because they seem to think they will not get a next meal - particularly if they are in multi-cat households. But you have dry out all the time (so he has access to a constant food source).

Hmm, sounds as though he likes his Whiskas! I know it is going to be a bit of hassle but could you feed little portions at the time for both cats for a while to see whether that gets rid of the problem. If it does then the issue is that he is eating too fast.

If smaller portions spaced out over one sitting still leads him to vomit it up then it could be something to do with Whiskas and you might want to change the food.

Hope that helps!

7. StuNo1

StuNo1 PetForums Junior

We tried small portions before with some possitive effect so i guess will go back to that. No hassell at all. just want him to be sorted and stop yacking! Lol.

Thanks for the help.

Stuarrt

8. CanIgoHome

CanIgoHome PetForums VIP

tilly used to do that all the time have food and bring it back up the vet said it may be the food so we try some food the vet give us it worked so we changed her food to royal canin Sensible 33 so far so good

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice