UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both the dogs have been to the vets today. Cali has been off her food [tried to get her onto wainrights and off bakers] ....unfortunately this has not gone well as the vet had also put her on loxicom for her joints. This has left her with a bout of colitis......so meds for her and back to bakers for now.

Kenzie had been diagnosed and treated for a UTI last month, but started peeing [and produced enough poop in the kitchen on Saturday night that i'm convinced a horse got in the kitchen :p] again on Saturday night.

So a quick scan and urine dip ,...and the poor pup has now got to go on a special diet as she has struvite stones in her bladder which has caused her another infection.

So another bout of 2 different tablets, home with RC's urinary diet food [we'll have to wean her onto it] and now complete fear of the vet [OH had to carry her in today :blush:]

Poor, poor babies.....oh and DS reckons that vet stands for 'Violent Educational Torturer'.......not bad for my 9 year old :w00t:

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
Oh no poor babies.

How awful for them both to be ill together. Hope they are feeling better soon bless them.

Alfies sends lots of hugs but no kisses as he doesnt want to spread his germs too.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh no poor babies.

How awful for them both to be ill together. Hope they are feeling better soon bless them.

Alfies sends lots of hugs but no kisses as he doesnt want to spread his germs too.
Thank you.....the thing was i was in a meeting today so OH took the dogs with our DS, unfortunately he took them to the wrong division of the vets [they have a little surgery in our village where they only work a couple of days a week.....today being one of them]. Nope...he took them to the main vets 10 miles away.....which once they got past the confusion were actually able to give Kenzie a scan there and then....so it worked out in both the dogs favour.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.