Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Poor toad :( What to do?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cat001, Jun 18, 2010.

1. cat001

cat001 PetForums VIP

My neice found a toad yesterday, I only just got the chance to have a look at it and saw that one of its feet is pointing backwards and looks broken, one of its eyes looks infected and has a soar cut on its head with maggots inside and another hole on the side of its head crammed with maggots! :'( I'm not quite sure what to do with the poor thing, I would have take it to the vets to be euthenised but pretty sure they're closed now. Ah, just a thought, do you reckon the RSPCA will take it and euthenise it humanely?

2. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

aw a vet will put the poor thing to sleep that is the kindest thing to do.
    sorry re read ya post yes I think they will mate xx or a wildlife sanctuary if you have one ?

3. jon bda

jon bda Guest

As horrible as it seems, is there anything you can do at home?. Freezer?.

4. Tapir

Tapir PetForums VIP

i would. less suffering than staying like that overnight i think

5. cat001

cat001 PetForums VIP

I'll keep that option in mind. At the moment my neice has gone off to have a word with some of the neighbours, she reckons she knows someone with a bit of experiance with wildlife.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice