UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poor little Reena is having a bad time of it, we had her 'Gotcha Day' on Tuesday, 8 years!
She had a cardiology appointment on Wenesday, the scan was reassuring thankfully and needs reviewing in a year.
Thursday she went to the groomers and was traumatised by the attempts to trim her claws, one on her right paw seemed to cause a lot of distress so I told them to leave it and will get the vet to sort it out when she has her dental work done.
This morning she refused breakfast and went straight to her hiding place behind my chair.She didn't respond to me talking to her and looked so miserable and uncomfortable we took her straight to the vets. The vet thought she had a painful joint ( wrist joint) on her right front paw , gave her some pain relief and said she would x-ray it when she had her dental.
Poor little girl is back in hiding sleeping it off now.:cry:

·
Registered
14,518 Posts
Poor little Reena is having a bad time of it, we had her 'Gotcha Day' on Tuesday, 8 years!
She had a cardiology appointment on Wenesday, the scan was reassuring thankfully and needs reviewing in a year.
Thursday she went to the groomers and was traumatised by the attempts to trim her claws, one on her right paw seemed to cause a lot of distress so I told them to leave it and will get the vet to sort it out when she has her dental work done.
This morning she refused breakfast and went straight to her hiding place behind my chair.She didn't respond to me talking to her and looked so miserable and uncomfortable we took her straight to the vets. The vet thought she had a painful joint ( wrist joint) on her right front paw , gave her some pain relief and said she would x-ray it when she had her dental.
Poor little girl is back in hiding sleeping it off now.:cry:
Oh bless her. Do you think it happened when the groomer was attempting to cut her claws?

·
Administrator
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh bless her. Do you think it happened when the groomer was attempting to cut her claws?
I think it was already a bit sore but quite sure the attempt to trim her claws has made it worse.
My poor little girl!:cry:

·
Administrator
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Poor Reena , she hasn’t had much of a gotcha celebration. You will have to make it up to her!
I'm trying to but she's spark out! I love this little dog so much but she's probably wishing we hadn't got her! 😢

·
Registered
11,805 Posts
The Schnauzer boys are very upset to hear their lady love is feeling poorly.

The tell me they'll be right over to give her Schnauzer hugs and kisses.🧡💛💚

·
Registered
20,872 Posts
Sending healing vibes and gentle hugs to Reena.

Reactions: SusieRainbow

·
Administrator
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Reena's not stirred for 3 and 1/2 hours now, no food drink or wee! Much as I hate to I need to wake her as we have to go out this afternoon, we'll take her with us in hr stroller.

Reactions: lymorelynn

·
Premium Member
34,186 Posts
Poor Reena hope the meds start to work soon and she starts to feel better

Reactions: SusieRainbow

·
Administrator
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
She's never reacted like this to opiate pain relief, completely zoned out. I'm getting a bit worried although she is sitting up and looking round a bit. She still doesn't want to eat or drink but I managed to spoon feed her some sardine spring water and she doesn't seem to be dehydrated, but no wee now since last night.

·
Super Moderator
12,146 Posts
Poor Reena. These oldies really know how to worry is, don’t they?

Sending Get Well Soon wishes and licks her way from me and the girls, and a head rub from Kaylus.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts