Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Poor Ratty

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by lolabloob, May 18, 2010.

1. lolabloob

lolabloob PetForums Member

So i took Alyssa to the vets today and the vets exact words were "i think you've had it with this one".

I don't know if im just upset about alyssa's lump not really being removable and knowing her days are numbered or is that just really blunt and rude?
    He has kept her for the day to do some tests and see if it is a tumour or an abscess and i have to call back later! fingers crossed!

I cried the whole way home :( but i think he could have been a bit more sensitive in saying things like that about a young rat :(

2. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

I think he could have been a bit more sensitive but maybe he didn't want to give you false hope that she would be ok

3. lolabloob

:( i hope she will be ok, has anyone else had a rat with a lump on it's neck that survived it?

4. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Hopefully the tests come back with something treatable but no experience of this sorry

5. dawnie24

dawnie24 PetForums Junior

ok your vet sounds strange i had a rat about two months ago with a lump and i was told if you can move the lump inbetween your fingers its ok but if you cant then its cancer and with my little one i couldnt so it spread,mine was never kept in,i also moved from one of my vets as they tried to make money out of me so be carefull.xx

6. lolabloob

Thanks for all the advice, I'm afraid my poor Alyssa is no longer with us. She was put to sleep on saturday afternoon as she had had an operation last tuesday and didn't recover well :( I'm lost without her as I've spent the last week and a half constantly nursing her as she got clingy and wanted to be with me all the time. I just hope she's in a better place with all the frozen peas she can eat :( R.I.P Lyssa, we will never forget you :( xxx

7. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Awwwww hun, Im so sorry to read this, you did your best for her and she will have known that [Hugs] wish there was more I could saybut try to remember her when she was healthy and happy and not when she was poorly. If there is anything I can do or you just want to talk Im only a pm away xx

8. Sarah+Hammies

Sarah+Hammies PetForums VIP

oh no iv only just seen this, im so sorry hun :( RIP Alyssa xxx

9. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

I'm so sorry to hear that. RIP Alyssa

10. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

So sorry for your loss, sleep tight Alyssa xx

11. lolabloob

Thanks everyone! I still can't get over the fact she is gone :-( I go to the oter two girls and they come running out of their hammock or box or wherever they have been sleeping and I keep waiting for the little third one to come out too :-( there is no way to prepare for losing a wee pet even when u try all week- I'm sure other people know what I'm talking about when I say its like losing a family member :-( I've been really sad and my oh has been so unhelpful its even starting to raise questions about staying with him, I knew he wasn't as attached or at all to the rats but he's been so insensitive its unreal :-( I don't know if I want to be with someone who clearly doesn't care that much for other living creatures especially since I'm crazy about them xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice