Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Poor pup (tibial fracture)

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Veba, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Veba

Veba PetForums Member

My wee pup landed funny when jumping and fractured a hind leg :( He is on crate rest tonight (hating it) then no first thing tomorrow. Can't find much online about it. Anyone gone through this?

Also, does anyone have insurance with Kennel Club and have experience of making a big claim?

2. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

Oh poor pup. No info re kennel club but be ready for crate rest after the op. Make sure you have multiple Kongs ready for stuffing with his food, snuffle mats, and any other enrichment feeders you can find that will keep him occupied but not moving while he has to stay in the crate.

Veba likes this.
  3. Veba

Veba PetForums Member

The articles I did find say minimal exercise so I really hope he's allowed some. He's not enjoying crate rest tonight, even fed up with tummy rubs!

I've got kongs, lickimats, a snuffle mat and a link to a YouTube video for crate games.

I hope he's still allowed to go to training classes even if we can't do everything.

4. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

So sorry to hear, I'm afraid I've got no advice, just wanted to wish a speedy recovery.

Veba likes this.
  5. ais_rose

ais_rose PetForums Senior

I hope he has a speedy recovering, poor little pup ❤️

Veba likes this.
  6. Veba

Veba PetForums Member

He's in surgery now (vet got my hopes up earlier by saying he might not need) and will be there overnight. Absolute crate rest will be needed. I hope it doesn't send me crazy!

Feel so bad for him :(

7. fernlady

fernlady PetForums VIP

Veba likes this.
  8. Veba

Veba PetForums Member

OMG! No idea what is happening at that place. Receptionist phoned to say no surgery and he can go home.

@fernlady thanks for the suggestion. I actually saw that book in the vet this morning so will have a scan through it when I'm waiting to pick him up.

fernlady likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice