Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Poor Pippi's ear

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by metaldog, Apr 29, 2011.

1. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

I was at my friend's and her mum came round with her very unruly cocker spaniel, who has no basic training despite being two years old :cursing:. The dogs were playing together running around the garden and all was going well.

Later we were having a BBQ and the cocker suddenly lunged at Pippi grabbed her and ragged her around :eek: everyone froze so I scruffed the cocker and she let go. Pippi's ear was pouring with blood and she has an injury to the flap of her ear as well as a graze on her leg :( It's not serious enough for vet treatment but it's not pretty.

I was quite calm when it happened and although I was a bit upset I tried not to make waves because I love my friend and it's her mum.

Turns out the dog is well known for attacking smaller dogs and has a big issue with resource guarding :mad:. My friend's mum had the attitude that dogs will just be dogs so there's no point trying to change their behaviour :nono: The thing that peeved me off the most is not that it happened but that my friend's mum didn't say sorry. While I accept that dogs all have their own little quirks, I think she should either try to sort out the dog's problems or perhaps muzzle her if she's going to be around smaller dogs where food is going to cause a problem.

Her mum was going to spend the night and come on a picnic with us tomorrow, but she's taken her dog home and isn't coming now.

What a crappy end to an otherwise lovely day :(

2. kirk68

kirk68 PetForums VIP

That's awful. I agree that dogs will be dogs and incidents like that sometimes happen but your friends mum needs to address this problem straight away and she should have apologised for her dogs behaviour.

3. shells

shells PetForums VIP

aww hun hope your baby is ok. thats really bad on the owners side. i think that its best that she wont be there tomorrow as you will be on edge the whole time. xx

4. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

UPDATE

Pippi is fine today, she seems oblivious to her wound and the swelling has gone down. Friends Mum is being very dramatic though, crying on the phone to my friend saying she's too distressed to cope with what happened and she won't come round to my friend's house with her dog (even though I'm not there any more). She still hasn't said sorry either :(

My Tennis Elbow is back to square one as I wasn't wearing my support brace when I grabbed the attacking dog and I've damaged my tendon again :( Serves me right for being vain and not wanting an uneven tan on my arm where the brace goes :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice