Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

poor out of hours vet service

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by ericyork, Jan 9, 2012.

1. ericyork

ericyork PetForums Newbie

I have just had the most horrible experience at a 24 hour so called emergency vet service in Streatham, London. I had to have my dog put to sleep and the vet was not up to the job, the whole experience was horrific and then to add insult to injury, I was asked to pay £275 - £100 was just the consultation fee, just to walk in the door! I have been looking at other sites regarding poor out of hours service and it seems that is very very common, the terrible stories are endless. It seems to me that we all pay through the nose for the best care for our pets but it only works if our pets are sick during working hours! I want to warn other pet owners to check their out of hours care very carefully. Most vets do not have their own 24 hour cover and you will be directed to 24 hour clinic that has no connection with your vet surgery. Try and get a vet that has it's own 24 hour care, not easy but better than going through what I went through.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice