Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Poor Ollie

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by MrsPurrfect, Nov 10, 2012.

1. MrsPurrfect

MrsPurrfect PetForums Member

My youngest little furbaby has got an eye infection. He's walking round with his eye half closed bless him.

Going to be fun putting in his eye ointment this evening. Any suggestions on how I can do it and still come away unscathed :D

2. ella

ella PetForums VIP

Aw, is it drops or the oily ointment? I found the ointment easier to administer by having clean hands and putting a dollop on my ring finger before picking Bibi up and quickly applying. Drops were hit and miss (literally!)

Good luck!

3. MrsPurrfect

It's ointment, not drops Ella. However Ollie's wasn't the most sweetest tempered of kitties when he was at the vets. He growled and tried to bite the vet when he put the ointment in :D

Mind you, he was scared (Ollie not he vet) so I'm hoping that when it is me doing it I will still have all my fingers when I have finished.

4. Kittenfostermummy

Kittenfostermummy PetForums VIP

Wrap him in a towel so all feet are kept away from your arms with just his head poking out and get someone else to apply drops/ointment for you whilst you hold him! I have to do this twice a day possibly for life of Crinkle and only get away with it as I give him plenty of treats afterwards!!!

5. MrsPurrfect

Will try that Kittenfostermummy. He's currently curled up next to me and the OH purring away loudly.

He's just recharging his batteries before having another mad half hour :D He already seems to have worked out that, as he is poorly, he can get away with all sorts. He certainly know's how to play for the sympathy vote

6. ella

ella PetForums VIP

Ointment is easier! I use a towel as a last resort on Bibi - I can usually sit her on my lap and hold around her body, using the hand with the ointment on to open the eye and slide it on.

Treats are a must!

7. MrsPurrfect

Well the deed is done and according to Ollie I am a really nasty mummy. That was until the treats and cuddles afterwards.

Poor love he really howled :-(

Not looking forward to round two tomorrow. Still the good news is that his eye is already starting to look a little better so it will all be worth it in the end.

You always feel so helpless when they have something wrong. Ok enough with the sloppy stuff

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice