UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Louie has started his course of treatment for his ruptured ear drum.

First I have to administer the ear solution, Triz Aural, 100ml (I think - I know where on the syringe it has to be anyway) into both his ears, massage then clean out the excess.

Then 0.5ml of Dexadreson and 0.5ml of Baytril into both ears too. I have to faff about with this though as I need to wear gloves to protect myself.

Then he has to have his cephacare tablets. 1 and a half. And then when I receive them from the pharmacy, he will have his metacam tablets to take also.

All this twice a day. Bless him. And he's so good with it all.

·
Registered
13,811 Posts
Get well soon Louie - lots of hugs, licks a good wishes from us all here brave boy. xx

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This was him last night after having his meds.

He wasn't friends with me for a long time after.. :(

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bless him!
:001_wub:
Hugs to him! Hope it doesn't take too long to heal - it's not nice as I've had a ruptured ear drum so I can sympathise!

:)
I'm sure he'd like your sympathy. He's not new to the world of ear cleaning, but he still hates it. How long does it take for a ruptured ear drum to fix itself?

get well soon louie xxxx
Thank you everyone, I'm sure he'll be as right as rain soon. Hopefully this lot of treatment will deal with it and we won't have to do the swabs or anything more drastic.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Awww that photo broke my heart! If only we could explain to them it is all for their own good but bless them they just don't understand do they!?

My cat is having to come to work with me again on Friday to be sedated and have his deformed ear cleaned out again as I took him Monday and he totally refused anything being done apart from having a cotton bud swirled in his ear to scratch it whilst cleaning it.

He totally hates me touching his ear and it is deffo a two man job and sedation at times by the looks of it. He is on Metacam at the moment and he really needs it so I can imagine Louie will be a lot happier once his Metacam tablets are ready for him!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.