Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Poor little man

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by MiffyMoo, Jun 9, 2017.

1. MiffyMoo

MiffyMoo PetForums VIP

so after their little adventure yesterday, I noticed that Dex was a bit stressed last night. So I figured we'd used a week's worth of emotional spoons in one afternoon.

I didn't take them out today, as I just wanted him to chill out. Now he's lying next to me and kicks me every time I stop touching him, which is unheard of. He usually hates being fussed over and will come and say hello if I've been out, but other than that, likes to keep to himself.

The good thing though, this is the first time he has been obviously stressed and hasn't fallen back into resource guarding.

If it's not too warm first thing tomorrow I'll take them for a run - that should help to chill him out a lot more as well

Magyarmum and JoanneF like this.
  2. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

Poor Dex. But it's good he turns to you when he feels anxious?

MiffyMoo, Rott lover and SusieRainbow like this.
  3. Kimmikins

Kimmikins PetForums VIP

Aww, I felt so loved the first time Fidgey came to me for fusses when he was scared. He must trust you lots to be wanting snuggles :)

MiffyMoo likes this.
  4. MiffyMoo

MiffyMoo PetForums VIP

That's a new thing, so only took two years.... Before this we'd have the most terrible resource guarding, but it was totally random things, such as a rose bush once. I think the longest he refused to leave whatever he was guarding was 36 hours, so I can't tell you how delighted I am that he has now decided that ear rubs and tummy scratches are better

Team_Trouble, JoanneF and Magyarmum like this.
  5. MiffyMoo

MiffyMoo PetForums VIP

It really does make your heart so happy, except that they're scared at the time

JoanneF, Magyarmum and Kimmikins like this.
  6. Kimmikins

Kimmikins PetForums VIP

The only downside. But, being scared is a big part of their life unfortunately, so we have to make the most of a bad situation and lap up the snuggles :) And the kisses, Fidgey has become very kissy!

Team_Trouble, JoanneF and MiffyMoo like this.
  7. MiffyMoo

MiffyMoo PetForums VIP

Oh bless little Fidgey's heart.

I agree, I realised, about a year ago, that, despite the fact that Dex comes across as super confident a lot of the time, all it takes is a change of routine or a hiccup somewhere along the way and he turns into the most insecure little man

8. Kimmikins

Kimmikins PetForums VIP

Bless his heart, until you remember he loves a poopy snack :Grumpy

Poor Dex, trying to be brave and manly when all he wants is consistency and predictability. Being a boy is hard work!

MiffyMoo likes this.
  9. MiffyMoo

MiffyMoo PetForums VIP

Especially when you have a really naggy little sister who thinks the world revolves around her and you WILL play with her whenever she wants or she stands on you and chews your ears

Kimmikins likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice