Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Poor Lily :(

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by SarahPlzX, Jan 3, 2012.

1. SarahPlzX

SarahPlzX PetForums Member

Just back from the vets :(.

Lily's got a seriously upset stomach, the vet gave her an injection of..erm, something I can't remember. She screamed....loudly. She's also got antibiotics and "Diarsanyl". Any idea how I tempt her to take the tablets? She hasnt eaten since Sunday morning. Have already tried to disguise it in a bit of chicken, she's not interested in food at all.

Then next week she's gotta go back to the vet to have her ears flushed out under sedation:(:(:(. She's has problems with her ears since we got her in August, so I'm sure it'll be a relief for her once it's done. Until then, I will be living in a state of dread. I'll try not to think about it, 'cuz my brain goes into over drive with worry :rolleyes:.

Dogs don't half cause some worry, eh?

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Aww poor thing. Seems to be so many poorly dogs around at the moment.

As for the tablets, i'd put them straight down her throat if you are able to. That way you know 100% she is getting dosed when she needs it.

If it was synulox she had injected, that does sting when going in.

Hope she's better soon.

3. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Poor pud, how about cheese/cream cheese? Beef paste (those little jars of sandwich paste) there's also like, chicken or tuna ones, very smelly and appetizing to dogs. You could crush it into powder if you try anything soft...
    Poor thing, hope she gets on the mend soon xxx

4. SarahPlzX

SarahPlzX PetForums Member

I know! My cousins dog has just been really ill too :(

I think the 'shoving it down her throat' thing will have to do 'cuz she wont even sniff food, so I can't see her eating it.

The vet did say "this will sting.." but she screamed liek someone had stabbed her! Bless her :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice