Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Poor lennox

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by vizzy24, Mar 29, 2011.

1. vizzy24

vizzy24 PetForums VIP

Spare a thought for Lennox and his family they are going to court to try and get their dog back today
    I copied this from their facebook page, I just hope the outcome is a happy one

Lennox is a loveable 5 year old family member. He's an American Bull dog Labrador cross that we have owned since he was a little pup. As responsible dog owners that also foster for numerous Northern Ireland dog shelters we had Lennox as a young pup Micro chipped, Neutered, DNA Registered, Pet Safe Registered, Insured and Licensed every year with the Council without fail. On Wednesday the 19th May 2010 he was taken from our family home by Belfast City Council as they believe he falls under the dangerous dogs act for Northern Ireland. The Council, without seeking any proper professional guidance declared Lennox to be a breed of "Pit Bull Type" and so they wish to kill him simply because he has the appearance of said breed. The Belfast City Council took Lennox from his loving family home using a wrongly addressed warrant and using copyright ADBA (American Dog Breeders Association) breed standards guide which the Council were never authorised to use, in doing so the Council broke international copyright laws and for doing so have recently been issued with a 'Cease & Desist' order from ADBA Inc. Lennox has never attacked anyone or anything yet the Council have removed him from his home where he lives with my Husband, myself, our 11 year old disabled Daughter, his kennel mate Juicy a 2 year old female boxer and various foster dogs. Belfast City Council are pressuring our family to sign him over to them to be destroyed however we feel the need to fight his case, he cannot speak but we will be his voice! If this was a human we would declare this racism. We ask every kind hearted compassionate person for your support, don't let them murder him. This may be our dog today but it could be your best friend tomorrow! Please visit Lennox's main website for further ways in which you can help. Thank you for your continued support.

SaveLennox.co.uk (read less)

2. kat&molly

kat&molly PetForums VIP

Thta terrible, I hope he can be saved, poor boy.:mad:

3. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Aww I really hope they get him back :(

I read about it a long time ago, this has been going on for such a long time :(

4. Heather78

Heather78 PetForums Senior

I did too, I hope they get him back aswell :( x

5. hobo99

hobo99 PetForums VIP

I do so hope it is a good outcome for them all , :) , what a terrible time it has been for that poor dog and his family and so very unfair .:(

6. vizzy24

vizzy24 PetForums VIP

its is so sad that he has been in kennels all this time. The council had even previously seen his litter brother and have written forms saying he is a lab x :eek: bloomin mad

7. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

It's disgusting isn't it? My heart goes out to his family and I hope today's case is thrown out of court. I know he has many fans and I pray this helps to save him.
    I have lobbied mp's and the pm about this ludicrous DDA (no response from pm - pig!) but had responses from various mp's. Everyone should do the same and keep on doing it, til something is eventually done. :mad:

Please let us know the outcome as I sometimes miss things. ;)

Good luck Lennox, keeping fingers and paws crossed for you today sweet boy. xxx

8. vizzy24

vizzy24 PetForums VIP

They are due in court at 11.00am I think I am just waiting for the facebook update.

9. CarrieH

CarrieH PetForums Member

It seems so, so long since I first read about Lennox. Must be torture for his family to have it dragged out for this length of time. Do we know yet how the court case went? Fingers crossed for good news.

10. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

going by the other thread and comments on FB it doesnt look good :(

11. MarKalAm

MarKalAm PetForums Senior

The judge ordered him to be destroyed. :( :( :(. They are going to appeal, but how much longer will that take????

Email ni_news@BBC.co.uk. Subject; SAVE LENNOX.

If we all do it it might make them listen.

12. shibby

shibby PetForums VIP

Here's a template from Facebook:

ni_news@bbc.co.uk
    Subject - SAVE LENNOX

Dear BBC,
    I am writing to you as many other people will be, with regards to Saving Lennox. It has been ruled by a judge today that he should be put to sleep, because of the way he looks. There is page on Facebook, with more than 20,000 members, following his story. We need media coverage ASAP to help save lennox's life! Please help...
    Thanks in advance.

Please email :)

13. CarrieH

CarrieH PetForums Member

Hadn't logged into Facebook yet this evening, nor had I spotted another topic on here. How terrible :(

14. Johnderondon

Johnderondon PetForums VIP

Shame on Belfast City Council. Shame on Northern Ireland.

15. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Done it :)

16. shibby

shibby PetForums VIP

Thank you! I sent one before too. Someone needs to listen, this is so unjust.

17. ballybee

ballybee PetForums VIP

This makes me want to cry, I've only had Tummel 7 months but I would be heartbroken if he was taken away for no reason!!! And the actions of Belfast council disgusts me completely.... They had the wrong address on the warrant, breached copyrights, failed to even look at any evidence given to them and refuse to admit they're wrong!!!! The dda is one of the worst things to ever happen to the uk, all these poor dogs being victimised because of their appearance!!! Why? Lennox was DNA registered....why do it if it counts for nothing?

18. kaisa624

kaisa624 PetForums VIP

Done it! I lit a candle for him last night, bless him!!! He looks like a lil stunner too :( My heart goes out to his family.

19. SophieCyde

SophieCyde PetForums VIP

E-mailed , sending a letter tomorrow and ringing up as well.

If we all do something they must surely do something.

20. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

DONE IT!!! come on guys keep fighting for Lennox

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice