Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Poor Harvey

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Horse and Hound, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Horse and Hound

Horse and Hound PetForums VIP

Had an "eventful" walk yesterday. Met a man with a lovely border collie and terrier who spent 15 minutes lecturing me on how he thought leads were crap and caused half the aggression you see in dogs as no one lets their dogs play off lead (he saw me put Harvey back on a lead as he approached). When I explained I did it because he has a smaller dog he laughed and said he's tougher than he looks.

So, anyway, set off back down the canal and spotted what looked like a jack russell coming towards us. No owner, so was about to put Harvey on his lead but devided not to...glad I didn't!

As it got closer it turned out to be some kind of cross, but as Harvey sniffed it it latched onto his ear and wouldn't let go. Just lucky really he was placid enough not to react because if he had I don't think the other dog would have stood a chance.

However, same can't be said for Rupert. he got in a complete full on fight with it after it bit Harvey (I think he was protecting us), and as I was going into split them up he took a huge chuck of fur out of the side of it as it sped off.

No owner in sight!

Lots of cuddles from mummy yesterday! He's had 3 stitches in at the vets too. :(

2. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

What a horrible thing to happen; fingers and paws crossed for a speedy recovery and I hope that he isn't too wary of other dogs after this as well.

3. Horse and Hound

Horse and Hound PetForums VIP

He seemed ok this morning when I took him out before work.

Trouble we are having is stopping Rupert from trying to lick his ear!

4. Cockerpoo lover

Cockerpoo lover PetForums VIP

aww poor Harvey- big hugs for him xx

5. portiaa

portiaa PetForums VIP

How awful, fingers and paws crossed for a speedy recovery:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice