Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Poor girls

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Ty-bo, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Ty-bo

Ty-bo PetForums Senior

saw this ad whilst perusing all the buns for sale: :(

Califonian Meat Rabbits
    £15

Two breeding does, not used 2 being picked up, but friendly, sedate temperement large breed, will need spacious hutch, kennel or shed, great 4 eating kitchen scraps, potato peel etc.

11 months [litter =9] and the other 7 months [not bred], £15 each or 2x £20, do & will live together.

(on pets4homes under rabbits/other. Sorry I dont know how to put the ad link on :confused: but theres a pic too)

2. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

rank and i dont think rabbits can eat potato peel!?!

3. The californian rabbit is a rabbit that is kept for its meat - but perhaps the advertiser was speaking about its breed not that it should go as a meat rabbit?

as for the other things in the advert - i wont comment, but to buy a rabbit to dispose of your kitchen scraps isnt responsible ownership imho.

4. Kammie

Kammie PetForums VIP

I thought potatoes were bad for them too because of the amount of starch or something.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice