UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think this is so sad a friend of mine who does dog walking,takes people to the vets if they havent got transport,also house sitting for a living yesterday she had a phone call from someone who asked if she took pets to the vets she said yes as she thought they wanted her to take them and there dog but they had a 12 year old dog they wanted put PTS as it had a lump and was getting on in age they said they did"nt want to take it as the vet might try to perduade them to have it treated, they have had this dog all it"s life and cant do right by it at the end being with the people it loves:mad:

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
It had a lump so they want it pts? :mad: What sort of lump? I'm assuming they're asking for this before a diagnosis. It is horrible - like the recent case of the pregnant dog that the owners couldn't afford a c-section being pts. Vet care costs are a necessary part of pet ownership, not an option and should be taken into consideration before getting a pet.

That said, I do think sometimes vet treatments can go too far, whether it's the vets trying to push more treatment or owners doing everything they can to hang onto their pet when it would be kinder to let them go, but it doesn't sound like this is the case here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.