Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Poor dog

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by thedogsmother, Aug 30, 2013.

1. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I've just seen a border collie in my back garden, we dashed out there but it was gone, another two women had also spotted it, but it's literally vanished :(. The most worrying thing, and the reason we are all looking for it was the state it was in, it was so distressed, panting and gasping :(. I'm so worried for it, especially if it keeps running in this heat :(

2. thedogsmother

I've gone out with my son, and the other two women are looking too, but it's literally disappeared :(. It ran in a fenced garden, so it should have been trapped, but it had gone. There are so many ways it could have run once out of the garden too :(. I'm going to keep going out and looking for it though. The other women got nearer and they said its very nervous.

3. thedogsmother

Thanks Hun, I will do, there's still no sign of him/her though :(. If you could bob it on your Facebook too that would be great, just to see if none has lost a collie or collie cross :)

4. shirleystarr

shirleystarr PetForums VIP

oh heck that don't sound good wonder where the dog went and hope someone can find it

5. hushtalk

hushtalk PetForums Senior

could you set up some food where yiou have seen the dog last?
    I might be talking macgyver here but if it is possible to set up a webcam you might get lucky?

6. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

You don't think he could have collapsed in someone's garden do you as no-one can see him? Just a thought. Hope someone does see him and can catch him.

7. thedogsmother

I doubt it was that one, apart from the panting it's coat was lovely and it wasn't underweight, I would think it would be in poorer condition if it had been missing for 10 days. I've been out several times this afternoon, I just hope he's found his way home or been tracked down, he's definitely an owned dog though, he was also wearing a collar as I could see at least one tag.

8. thedogsmother

I did think that, I've searched all the nearby gardens, and I've put a bowl of water out just in case he comes back though.

9. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Hope the dog is OK TDM - good thinking putting some water out just in case.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice