Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Poor cats

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Vikegirl, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Vikegirl

Vikegirl PetForums Junior

There's a card in our local shop, "2 x 8 week old boy kittens free, also pregnant cat free" :( Why on earth would you just give away a pregnant cat? Surely if you can't cope, you should contact the RSPCA or Cat Protection? (And have your cat spayed, but that's another rant entirely)

2. vivien

vivien PetForums VIP

oh that is awfull people who get animals and then get rid of them for no good reason really annoy me i love my animals and nothing would seperate me from them

viv xx

3. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

a lot of people are a little misguided and think that if they cant cope give the cat away like that rather than contact cat rescues however at least the owner is making some effort to re-home the kitties rather than just throw them out which happens a lot :(

4. Lumpy

Lumpy PetForums Senior

That's so sad. I remember how clingy Tabitha was when she was pregnant and this poor queen is being taken away from all that is familiar just when she needs love and stability.:(

5. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

How sad :(

I hope they are picky with who those poor kitties go to. I dread to think they will end up with someone else who isn't responsible. I agree that it is better than being dumped, but it seems they are making a second mistake. I presume the two kittens were a previous mistake.

Some people just do not have a clue.

I would be tempted to take them, pretending to give them a home and take them to a rescue centre to ensure they do not fall into the wrong hands.

6. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

I offered to take in a pregnant cat and pay for the pregnancy & kits, & look after the kits & have mum spayed at my expense but they refused and wanted about £200 for her as the kits could go for 'alot each' mum was a pretend bengal, E.G. tabby moggy! And dad was the local tom :rolleyes:

Dont know where it ended up, hope it is doing better though :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice