Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Poop!

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Amelia66, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Amelia66

Amelia66 PetForums VIP

Ok so i am wondering on what can be causing smelly poop. Scully has been on the same diet since we got her [arden grange i think it is] and ever since we have had her she has very smelly poops. i know poop smells but this seems overly so.

She is happy in herself eating and drinking fine, she doesnt get any treats although she has had a pigs ear the last few days but the poop smelled before this. Really im wondering if it is her dies that is causing this? Most times she has well formed poops, but it does seem a little dark in colour too.

I will ask the vets when we go back for her second jabs in a few weeks as its not a major concern at the moment but i was just wondering if anyone had any experience in this?

2. DirtyGertie

DirtyGertie PetForums VIP

Not sure I can be of much help really but it could be down to her food if she's still on the same food since you had her and her poop's always smelled the same.

My friend has labrador pups and feeds them on a puppy food recommended by the vet. She asked vet about changing them to adult food and vet said to keep them on puppy food for now. Their poops smell, I mean really smell, it makes me heave are formed but a softish consistency. She doesn't even carry the poop bags with her if they've pooped at beginning of their walk, she leaves them and picks them up on her way home. My dog is raw feed, has firm poops and virtually no smell, the only time they differ is if she's snaffled something off the beach to eat that she shouldn't and it's upset her.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice