Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

''Poop patroll!''

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Aug 13, 2009.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I am going to be keeping a VERY close eye on ALL the other dog walkers in my village from now!

Everyone on my street got a letter from the council (not sure if the other streets got one too)

Some people, have been letting their dogs foul in the PARK and on the grass areas in the village!!! :cursing: :cursing: There have been several complaints too!

I am SO P'd off. There are hardly any dogs on my street. There are me and next door. Both of us ALWAYS have bags to pick up. (and we rarely walk on the streets anyway) There is Alex with her puppy, she always picks up. There is a lab across the road who is not walked in the village, and a jrt at the bottom of the hill who is also not walked in the village.

Everyone uses our street, because it goes down to the grassy area at the harbor. Especially people staying at the holiday park, and people in the council estate.

I pretty much know who has what dog and where they live. I am going to be making sure I take my phone with my every time I am out, if I do see anyone leaving poop, I WILL be reporting them. Someone left a Great big pile Right outside my door and I had to pick it up!! :eek: Yuk!

x

2. Colsy

Colsy Banned

Yuck why cant they just pick it up.
    I feel really sorry for you.
    Good luck with your poo patrol may the force be with you.:)

3. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

We have the same problem in our village! dont take a minute to pick it up:mad:

4. hobo99

hobo99 PetForums VIP

I know how you feel :cursing:
    I live i a small village , lots of dogs ,and very few people "pick up" after their dogs, i even got the council to put up a 2nd poo bin ;), hoping that would encourage folks , no go on that :cursing:
    One lane i have renamed crap alley its so bad.:mad:
    So as i cant walk up and down the lane all day i expect it will continue.
    Horrible people.:mad:

5. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Lol it reminds me, last time someone left poop by my door, I caught her on the way back up and demanded she pick it up. She also got told to leave the caravan park early for letting the dog mess! :(

I think if you are not responsible enough to pick up poop, you are not responsible enough to have a dog!!

x

6. Captain.Charisma

Captain.Charisma PetForums VIP

OMG that reminds me !
    I live in chesterfield right, and there was a couple of young girls with a staffie. They let the dog poo on paverment near the town centre and just walked off , not a care in the world ! even though loadsss of people obviousy saw them, as it was middel of the day :S

7. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

some people are so squeemish when it comes to dog poo. My OH wont touch animal poo but i bet he wipes his own arse!!!

8. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I get so embarrased when people watch me pick up poop. Lol! But then I think, well, people probably thinking 'good for her'.
    But before we moved, people thought u were odd if you picked it up! I did though. And once I was walking our rotti into town, and he stopped Right outside the window of the deli for a massive poo!!! Ther was a guy inside eating his breakfast! I just looked at him apologetically and picked it up. Then had to carry it for ages to find a bin! Lol

x

9. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

No wonder you are narked by this letter from the council, some dogowners are so inconsiderate.

We've just come back from our holiday in France, out there dogs are welcome virtually everywhere which is brilliant, but what staggered me is that the owners don't pick up after their dogs. When I stopped to pick up after Monty passersby looked at me as if I had two heads.

10. davehyde

davehyde Banned

thats a bit different ,animal poop dont give ya skidmarks.

i'll get me coat.

11. Cassies-mum

Cassies-mum PetForums VIP

weve got the same problem
    its getting ridiculous

we've been reported for HAVING a dog - the council already knew but they sent complaint letter and made us re-apply for permission :cursing:

12. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

We get that here, along our street. I once counted 7 poos along a hundred-yard stretch and more up a side street. When a neighbour who also has dogs said she was worried people might think it was her, I decided to take action.

I got a thick marker pen and wrote a couple of signs telling Whoever it was to pick up the poo, they were being watched and the council Dog warden was aware (not really but they weren't to know). Then went out at midnight and staple-gunned them to a couple of telephone poles & a wall. It stopped immediately!

The next time it started up again I got some coloured chalks and went out at night drawing big pink circles round every poo! At least it helped people to avoid stepping in them.

Don't do what some chap did, he sprayed the poos pink but the paint wouldn't wash off so he got prosecuted and made to pay for the cleanup!

13. davehyde

davehyde Banned

Don't do what some chap did, he sprayed the poos pink but the paint wouldn't wash off so he got prosecuted and made to pay for the cleanup

ha ha ha , shame he got done tho.

i wonder what people thought the dogs had eaten?

candy floss maybe.

hope it was luminous paint woulda looked well weird at night.

14. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Who do you complain to about poo problems?

Theres a guy who lets his dog **** right outside my back gate. I counted this morning and there was 11 poo's on this one small patch of grass. I have even placed my own bin out there!

15. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

absolutely cannot stand people who dont pick up. as i think someone already said, dont pick up? dont have a dog.

we have a coupla streets round here that are particularly bad but we all know whos responsible. there is a spaniel whos owners just let it run around the street (which connects onto a busy main road too!!) and it poops everywhere. it has been reported numerous times but i dont think the warden has ever caught them so it still happens. a month or so ago i was up at the park and there was a warden giving out pooh bags which i thought was great but there is a lack of bins in this area too gar.

i am never embarrassed to pick up my dogs pooh. id be embarrassed not to.

16. shazalhasa

shazalhasa PetForums VIP

Where I am is just a stones throw from the beach... how lovely right ? It would be if people didn't insist on allowing their dogs to c**p all over the prom and then leave it there :cursing:

We've got 4 dogs and occassionally take all of them for a walk along the prom together, we always take the bags and always pick up any mess but it's really annoying when we see people with just the one dog leaving c**p and just walking on, some even drag the dog so that there is a little trail of it instead of just the one lump. It's not just youngsters either, it's old folk and middle aged too.

If it's not bad enough to have to play crapdodge down the beach, we've then got to put up with neighbours that bring their dogs to the compound beside our house and leave mounds of the stuff there too... and they allow them to pee up against my side gate... which really winds my dogs up who are just the other side of it, they do this late at night too causing my dogs to bark which then means I have to bring them all in so the other neighbours don't complain about the noise :cursing:

I sometimes feel like picking it up myself and dumping it on their doorstep :mad:

17. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

yes! why do people do that? the poor dog is trying to relieve itself and the owner just keeps walking, leaving a trail of poop along the pavement.

18. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

''One down..... many to go''!
    Oh yes, everyone in the village got the letter.
    This morning I was out with my pair and had just picked up, to look up the hill at someone dragging their dog mid poop away from it! And it just so happens I know where this person lives. So I called over to her and said I had a spare bag. She gave me a dirty look and walked off. So I called the council.

x

19. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

Some people are lazy. Its not hard picking up after your dog

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice