Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Poo question-probably tmi!

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by laurahair, May 3, 2011.

1. laurahair

laurahair PetForums Member

Hi all,
    over the past 2 weeks i have been changing over to mostly wet food for my cats, it has been a bit hit and miss but they are now having one weighed portion of dry food between the 3 of them per day and wet food 3-4 times a day :)
    and i have noticed that their poos are smaller, drier and much less smelly! Is this likely to be because of their change in diet?
    If so it's an unexpected bonus ;)

2. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Yes, most likely :)

A lot of dry food contains an unbelievable amount of grains, which aren't utilised very well in those quantities by cats, thus leading to a large, ermm, output. Wet food, on the other hand, tends to be easy on the grains and other fillers. The higher quality the food, the smaller the output culminating in output only every couple of days or so and unsmelly when people raw feed.

So, the quality of what goes in dictates to a large degree what comes out ;)

3. punkpixie

punkpixie PetForums Junior

haha not too much info for me! poo is natural and fine to talk about in detail haha. i'm still in the process of moving my baby from crappy sains own brand wet food to high meat good stuff she also has some kibbles and her poos are generally long and stinky! by the sounds of things its very natural for it to change and i look forward to my baby's poos getting less stinky :D

4. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Girl, you are going to fit in here just fine! Welcome to the PF :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice