Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Poo change - from JWB to F4D

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Shrap, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Shrap

Shrap PetForums VIP

Well Cassie came to me on Morrisons own brand dry food, and she was pooing about 8 or 9 times a day, CONSTANTLY farting, horrible horrible staffy wind.
    I changed her onto James Wellbeloved Lamb and Rice - and she went down to about 4 poos a day, no farting. The poos changed between normal and slightly soft, like they'd fold over themselves half way.

Well today is the first day of fully Fish4Dogs for her, and that last poo was HALF the size, and was just 2 big pellets. Excellent consistency. They rivalled Dino's raw poops!

I'm VERY pleased with it so far, she seems calmer too :)

I also gave Dino some F4D as I ran out of raw and he wasn't absolutely mental like he was when I gave him JWB.

Definitely a great food :)

2. Stellabella

Stellabella PetForums Senior

Great start!

Today is day 4 of F4D for Louis, although it must be too early to see a difference, his coat is definitely falling better - not so fluffy. Even my neighbour remarked on it yesterday! When the others have finished theirs they'll be changing over too :)

3. Shrap

Shrap PetForums VIP

You took advantage of the half price deal too then? :D

4. Stellabella

:lol: Yes, I sure did, :D I put one of my puppy mums onto it too, I think we're both converts!!!

5. Paganman

Paganman PetForums Senior

I can tell your a proper dog owner :wink: some good poop description there :D

All sounds good ;)

6. Shrap

Shrap PetForums VIP

Have you seen the number of views to number of replies? :D

7. Paganman

Paganman PetForums Senior

I did not notice so clicked back to look and clicked again so at lease one view is false :D

8. Stellabella

Day 9 on F4D and Louis' poos are less frequent than before, his coat is noticeably redder and silkier, he doesn't look like he's made of polyester now! His energy is up, but not in a hyper way, just has more bounce about him!

I can't wait to start the girls on it, they are finishing off the bitch diet first :)

9. Bedslug

Bedslug PetForums Junior

I've just ordered a trial size of the Sardine variety. :D

My dog suffers from arthritis, yet she's only 3. I wanted a grain free food as there is an association between grains and arthritis.

Anyhow, she's on AG Lamb & Rice and although she only has two, admittedly BIG, poos, I felt that her joints needed looking after and to not solely rely on medication.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice