Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

pomeranian puppies?

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by shelley_xo, Jul 23, 2009.

1. shelley_xo

shelley_xo PetForums Newbie

i have been searching for a pomeranian breeder with puppies for so long, if anyone knows of any please get in touch :)

2. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

What are you looking for a dog or a bitch?
    Is it for Show or pet?
    Are you willing to travel? as with quality bred poms you need to be willing to travel for a quality reputable breeder.
    Have you an idea of colour as some people are after a specific colour with a pom, not that colour really matters much.

Take care
    Sarah

3. shelley_xo

shelley_xo PetForums Newbie

Hi Sarah, It is for a pet, and yes i am willing to travel.
    The colour doesn't really matter to me but a Brown or white would be nice :)

Take care
    Shelley.

4. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

Sarah's already looking for homes for her pups :)

5. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

All my babies are sold Hun, these pups were sold before they were due tbh.
    I have a friend who has a litter of three and she is going to be selling the 2 boys, they have just turned 3 weeks old and are very sweet, they are out of my black boy Wikit, both pups are orange in colour you can see them at Kimimela Pomeranians go and have a look and if you get in touch tell her Sarah Parker told you about them.

take care
    Sarah

6. Small~Fluffy

Small~Fluffy PetForums Member

Hi Shelly

No such thing as a Brown Pom do you mean Chocolate? + I don't know any reputable breeders producing White ones in the UK

So be very careful who you find selling this colour.

The most popular colours bred in the UK are Orange & Orange/Sable, Cream, Wolf/Sable + Black occassionally available.

Do be very very careful who & where you purchase from as a you have to make sure you are buying a real Pom not something that resembles one when it is a pup then goes on to be huge and nothing like the dog you fell in love with when starting your search.

How much have you researched the Breed if you don't mind me asking?
    And have you or are you on waiting Lists with anyone?

Not easy getting a quality Pom as such small litters and most Pom folk run them on for a while.

Have you considered a slightly older Pom? As they sometimes become available at around 7months onwards...

Good Luck in your search :)

7. poochimama

poochimama PetForums Senior

try champdogs hun

8. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

TBH I would even be wary of some of the breeders on Champ dogs.
    Were abouts are you based as it might be worth a trip to a club show to meet breeders and exhibitors that way, this way you know you will be getting a well bred quality pom pup.

If you choose to look on free ads sites be aware of anyone selling "teacup" poms or "minature" poms as there is only one standard for a pom. Also colour's to as many say brown, apricot or fawn these are not pom colours and if there is someone selling white I would be very careful as this is a colour that hasn't been bred in poms in the UK for many years and only one or to appear in the poms of today.

It may be worth getting in touch with the club's too as most of them have a puppy list.

good luck

Sarah

9. Small~Fluffy

Small~Fluffy PetForums Member

Im with Sarah about ChampDogs.
    Don't think many Pom people use it to advertise pups.
    But a good place to find Breeders website links :)

As both Sarah and I have said it really isn't easy getting a true/quality Pom pup.
    Also a lot of Breeders will not sell pups to people who have young children.
    accidents can & do happen :(

Good Luck & hopefully we can be of further help when you do find a pup :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice