Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pomeranian Puppies

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by hayleyjake, Nov 28, 2012.

1. hayleyjake

hayleyjake PetForums Newbie

Hello all,

I'm looking for a male pom puppy as a pet - not for show! I've been looking for a while now (Champdogs/ Kennel Club) and contacting breeders listed on there directly. I live in London but am willing to travel. If anyone knows of a breeder with puppies please let me know!

Thanks!

2. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Have you tried the pomeranian breed club?

southofenglandpomeranianclub.co.uk

3. JAChihuahua

JAChihuahua PetForums VIP

Try not to rush things, its more important that you find the right breeder than it is hoping they have puppies right now. A good breeder will more than likely have enough homes for all their pups before theyre born too (or at least a list of people she has vetted and who have registered an interest), so finding a breeder with a litter right now doesnt mean she will have a "spare" puppy.

It took me a year of talking to, searching and vetting breeders before I decided which was the breeder for me, I then had to wait 8mo for puppies.

Even after all that time there was no guarentee there would be a puppy for me, as toy breeds dont generally have big litters and the breeder only breeds when she wants a puppy or two for herself to run on. After all that her dog had 3 pups, and we got our Lady.

Lady came to us just last week and all in all we have been waiting nearly 2 years for her to arrive!

4. hayleyjake

hayleyjake PetForums Newbie

Thanks@ Sled dog hotel - I had previously looked on the South of England Pom Club but couldn't see any boy poms listed. However, just last night I received an email from a breeder who is listed on the site who has a litter of pups!

@JAChihuahua - I know what you mean... it's so hard not to get too excited! You must be so happy with your new addition... I bet Lady is well worth the wait!!

Thank you both for your advice - Much appreciated!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice