Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Policeman to be prosecuted

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Happy Paws2, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

The RSPCA are prosecuting the police office who's 2 dogs died from heat exposure when he left them in his van.

For once the RSPCA are doing the right thing.

2. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Oh good. At least they can do just one thing right.

x

3. rona

rona Guest

I don't really know why the RSPCA are involved, the police should have automatically prosecuted :mad:

4. goodvic2

goodvic2 PetForums VIP

I'd be very interested to hear how it happened.

I know the cars have a/c units in, so I was wondering if perhaps it wasn;t working.

For a police officer to do something so cruel just seems a bit un-realistic. However you never know..... but I would like to!

5. ebonymooncats

ebonymooncats PetForums Junior

I think that the police officer wasnt on duty and was in his own car

6. Ty-bo

Ty-bo PetForums Senior

Good, that makes a change. I was wondering whether he would get away with it or not-still dont know what the final result will be though???

7. Varkhond

Varkhond PetForums Member

He's gonna get a big "no no" that's it. Let's be realistic, an officer won't lose he's job over this.. That, losing the job is the only real penalty imho.

8. mickyb

mickyb PetForums Senior

The police officer was not on duty, he just called into the Nottingham station for a chat, and left the 2 poor dogs out side in his car, mindless pratt, as inside that police station, they have air conditioned kennels, he should have been sacked straight away, I hope he gets sent down for the pain he put those poor dogs through :mad:

9. r_neupert

r_neupert PetForums Senior

I believe any conviction whilst your are serving is an automatic kick out the door....

That'll be 3 things to make him feel like crap - the dogs dying, getting convicted and losing his job. I think that's more than enough.... the guys life is pretty much going to be in tatters for a careless action.

10. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Good to hear action is being taken.

11. Yourgifts Ourgifts

Yourgifts Ourgifts PetForums VIP

Whats the bet he won't lose his job..just a slap on the wrist..know where i would like to slap him..:mad:

12. xpalaboyx

xpalaboyx PetForums VIP

Anyone knows what happened to the case?

13. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Lets hope those poor dogs get justice. Won't hold my breath though. :cursing:

14. Lulu's owner

Lulu's owner PetForums VIP

I'm pleased the RSPCA are going to prosecute. Like many people I would have withdrawn my support for them if they had decided not to.

15. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

oh yeah, they will prosecute a high profile case that the press has already tried for them. What about all the real neglect and cruelty cases they refuse to even look into.
    Poor bloke, unless he had a history of being hard with his dogs then I am very sorry for him.

16. clayrelouise

clayrelouise PetForums Newbie

I was listening to this on the news the other week and thought it was absolutley appauling!!

I cant believe people as careless as that are being put in charge of those poor dogs...

Very happy to hear that action is being taken...however cant believe that they wernt prosecuted immediatley by the police...RSPCA had to step in as usual.

17. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

I see where you're coming from and in a way, I agree with you. But, prosecuting in such a high profile case with someone such as a police officer may just make others think twice about leaving their dogs in the car - if people know that even the police are not above the law in these situations, maybe other dog deaths will be prevented in the future?

If this makes even one person think twice about leaving their dog in a car, then those two police dogs will not have died in vain imo.

18. turkeylad

turkeylad PetForums VIP

Prosecution to tame - public burning of them sounds so much better!!!

19. r_neupert

r_neupert PetForums Senior

However controversial i do strongly agree. Unless this guy has a history of being reckless with his dogs, this is just a total f*ck up on his behalf. To become part of the dogs unit you are pretty much waiting for someone to die/retire and you are waiting around for years until a place has come available. Because of high demand they'll only take on the best applicants and people with the right history. The dogs cost thousands to train, and the majority of police keep them at their homes as pets. No doubt this guy had a great bond with his dogs as we all do - he wouldn't have intentionally screwed this up so royally, we all make mistakes, unfortunately his was a big one.

With it being such a high profile case, and because the police take serious actions on even a minor offence to their officers, i would put a good amount of money on him losing his job if he is found guilty. He cannot stand up in court to give evidence against a criminal if this is on his record - defence lawyers would rip him to shreds and cases would be thrown out.

So i guess, as i said earlier, this guy is splashed in the papers, his name is mud with animal groups, being prosecuted, he's lost his pets, more than likely his job. Think he's had more than enough of a beating, lets give him a break.

Indie and goodvic2 like this.
  20. goodvic2

goodvic2 PetForums VIP

Good post, I have repped you for this x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice