Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Police Dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sammieanne111, Feb 9, 2012.

1. sammieanne111

sammieanne111 PetForums Junior

Just posting this because I wanted to share what happened to me a few months ago...

I was coming back from Holiday and a police lady came up to me while going though customs asked me if I could help as they were training a few dogs at the airport so me being me said not a problem... The next thing i knew I had a load of drugs on me and was asked to walk past the dogs and when the dogs approached me not to move!!...
    Well these dogs must of passed with flying colors, 3 dogs had surrounded me within seconds and believe me I had no intention of moving till the police lady and another police man came over to remove whatever they had put in my jacket!!.
    It is amazing how these three little dogs could suddenly turn into what looked like man eating animals!!!...
    Samanthax

2. BlueBeagle

BlueBeagle PetForums VIP

Wow! Well done for helping out, I would have loved to do it too as I love seeing them working.

I am not surprised you were not going to move if they reacted like that :lol:

3. hawksport

hawksport Banned

The last time I saw a police dog in action was when it was chewing on my mates back. He thought it would be funny to run when its handler told him to stand still. He was right, I was laughing

4. Cinnebar

Cinnebar PetForums Senior

I went across to Ireland on a coach. The night before travelling I had stayed at my friend 'the cat lady's' she had 2 males who used to have scent marking contests and my case must have been liberally anointed because the sniffer dog found it so interesting and sniffed very carefully over every inch of it.
    I wasn't worried about being searched because I had nothing to hide, but it would have been embarrasing to be pulled out of a queue :eek:
    Luckily interesting cat pee and drugs or explosives must give different reactions because the handler didn't seem too concerned :D

5. ozrex

ozrex PetForums VIP

Once when I went to the local remand centre to see my nephew (long story) they brought out the sniffer dog.

The lady ahead of me in the queue had told the prison officer that she was a on a methadone programme and had methadone in her bag. A bit odd because usually you have to take it at the issuing pharmacy but she had all the proper paperwork and she did the right thing telling the officer. The bag was taken for storage by the officer and she was told she could still visit.

We all got to the stage of the last retinal scan and then were herded into a big room. We stood in a line and a female officer brought out a VERY cute, black labish cross. The dog sat in front of the lady who had been ahead of me. Dog was praised and taken down the line and back, again dog sat in front of the lady. Dog was given a toy to play with and left VERY pleased with itself.

The lady was very distressed and started crying. She said to the officer that she had admitted having methadone and didn't want to be shown up in front of everyone. The officer just shrugged.

I went and said to her that I was sorry she was upset and not to be. We were all there to see someone inside and were just the same as her and no better.

The dog was BRILLIANT but I did feel sorry for the "suspect".

6. astro2011

astro2011 PetForums VIP

When I was a kid we were coming back from France, and agreed to help a trainee springer police dog. It searched our car and found whatever they put in...was amazing.

7. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

they often have dog's training at Bluewater shopping centre it's great watching them do their stuff :D

8. Kc Mac

Kc Mac PetForums Senior

I love watching search dogs work whatever they are sniffing for :D

Must be the best job in the world Singing:Singing:Singing: :lol:

#8 Kc Mac, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice