Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Poached fish for IBD

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by joanna.monty, Sep 8, 2018.

1. joanna.monty

joanna.monty PetForums Junior

My cat has IBD and is only on S Boul. no other meds. (she suffers from runny bum but never usually vomits). Runny bum wouldn't clear up just lately (although not dreadful) (she is on Catz Finefoods pork , kangaroo etc mixed with poached mince pork & someone suggested I try a little plain poached white fish & feed that only. I fed this & nothing else for 2 days & no poop, then on the 3rd day I added back in a little poached pork mince &........ explosion! So I have gone back to the plain poached white fish & no poops since. Am I doing the right thing and how long can I feed this for? Today 50% of the time she has started regurgitating the poached fish straight back up (even if she only eats a bit at a time), but after regurgitating, if I offer a bit more say.... 1/2 later she keeps it down.......strange! Am I doing the right thing with the fish?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice