Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

plz help!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by celene bully1, Feb 3, 2008.

1. celene bully1

celene bully1 PetForums Newbie

hi every1, im new to this so bear with me. im desperatly in love with british bull dogs and i am looking to buy a pup. trouble is they all seem to be 2grand! my man says he will buy me 1 for my birthday if i can find 1 for 1grand. iv been wanting a british bull dog for a long time and now that my baby is nearly 1 i can finally comimt the time and attention. im not bothered about kc reg or showing or breeding, just a family pet to love and care for at home, surely ther must be 1 out ther for less than 2grand without papers and things, can any 1 help?? x :D

2. Jenny Olley

Jenny Olley PetForums VIP

Hi Celene, I know it is disappointing when you have you mind set on something only to find it is out of your price range. I would think very carefully about trying to go for a cheaper option, a bagain is not always what it seems, ask yourself if the pups are half the going rate, why ? Bullyb explains the cost of raising a bulldog litter in a thread under breeding, entitled bull dog breeder.
    Nicci has given you a good link above, well worth looking into.

3. Stella

Stella PetForums Newbie

Hi Jenny if you getting a bulldog i would think of getting a old tyme bulldog i have two and thay have not had any breathing problems and are so good with children thay same as the british bulldog thay just a bit bigger and only about 700 pound .

4. andrea 35

andrea 35 PetForums VIP

Be carefull also there was someone on here the other day who had had 3 of her litter of bulldogs stollen out of her home they were only after the pups as other things of value were left ,so the thing is if someone is selling without papers or being able to see mom with the pups or on the cheap you have to ask yourself WHY !!!! But good luck with your search maybe wait till xmas and have your birthday pressie and xmas pressie rolled in to one .

5. Nicci

Nicci Guest

I have three Olde Tymes, and certainly wouldn't lead people into thinking that they are the 'healthier' option, owned these dogs for quite a few years now and know some Olde Tymes can have all sorts of medical problems, from Deafness, to hip dysplasia and in certain lines Wobblers Syndrome! I would advise anyone looking into the Olde Tyme Bulldog to do lots of research, speak to lots of people/breeders and not just those whom have been with the breed for just a couple of years, but those that have been into these dogs since the early 1980's. A well bred Olde Tyme does cost more than £700, I paid more than that for my oldest Olde Tyme and he's almost six years old.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice