Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Please someone help... I’m confused

Discussion in 'Small Animal Chat' started by SummerRose17, Mar 25, 2020.

1. SummerRose17

SummerRose17 PetForums Junior

Hi all!

I am just wanting advise on my Syrian Freddie who is about 11 months I would say. I have noticed that he is very active recently! When I put him in his playpen, he will run around crazy fast!!! Then hop in his wheel, then hop out and run around crazy again. When I put him in his ball, he runs around crazily, banging into things etc ( I know bumping into things is normal, it’s the running that I am concerned about!!) I put toys out of his cage in his playpen so it has his sent on. Is he just having fun and very active OR stressed and looking for a way out because he doesn’t like it?

2. Engel98

Engel98 PetForums Senior

Could be stress. Add hides and cardboard boxes so he can hide if he feels he needs to. Also, the balls are very dangerous and wouldn't recommend that you use them. I have 4 hamsters and the only balls they have are connected to them. :D

Playpens are more enriching and allow them to use their senses better. A ball limits that.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice