Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

PLEASE SIGN

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Ellie Lovatt, Aug 15, 2019.

?

Do you agree with buying buns from Pet Shops

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Only the rescue section

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Never from a pet shop

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Ellie Lovatt

Ellie Lovatt PetForums Junior

Before anyone starts any beef - I got one of my rabbits from Pets at Home as I was completely unaware of these situations, so in no way am I picking on anybody.

I’ve seen this petition being shared on my Facebook page and after reading a story about a poor bun who sadly passed away from being badly treated at Pets at Home, I have decided to share this petition with you all.

Not all Pets at Homes bunnies will have been treat badly; however, the mass breeding of the buns and treatment (behind the scenes) while at Pets at Home or other pet stores can be cruel. The majority of rabbits from pet stores die within the first few years and are not thoroughly checked for any illnesses before buying.
    Stores care about making money - not about the health and happiness.

If you want to buy a rabbit as a little baby I think you should look in to buying from an experienced breeder; although its even better if you can adopt a bun that is looking for its forever home.

Please sign to stop breeding from Pets at Home

http://chng.it/F8FXZgpd2T

I am quite interested with everyones thoughts on this - so please reply with what you think

#1 Ellie Lovatt, Aug 15, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  2. bunnygeek

bunnygeek PetForums Senior

If Pets at Home stopped selling rabbits, rescues around the country would be exceptionally grateful. They take in a huge number of ex-PAH rabbits, where kids have got bored, where the rabbit's hormones have kicked in an the owner's don't want to deal with their teenage angst, or spontaneous purchases that weren't thought through. A very large number of the accidental litters rescues deal with are the result of PAH selling two miss-sexed babies.

Sure there are other pet shops selling rabbits around the country, but PAH is the biggest chain. I have 10, yes TEN, branches of Pets at Home within a 45 minute drive from my house.

Ellie Lovatt likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice