Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Please send good vibes for Daisy

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by ais_rose, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Happy Paws

Happy Paws PetForums VIP

How is she this morning?

2. ais_rose

ais_rose PetForums Senior

Still unwell, bless her. Apparently she did a very, very soft but semi solid poo, which is a step up from the liquid diarrhoea she’s been having.

She’s still very subdued and not at all herself and she just will not eat at all :(

3. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

I’d worry less about her taking food but keep her hydrated with water, little and often.

If she’s got pains in the stomach perhaps the vet can give a painkilling injection to make her comfortable?

4. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

Sorry to hear that. Are you going back to the vet ? I really think you should.

5. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

She does sound to be in pain with the shivering and hiding.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  6. ais_rose

She’s drinking water normally. I’m going to ring the vets in a minute.

She’s supposed to have her yearly vaccinations on Saturday, but I’m going to cancel and rebook them.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  7. ais_rose

I’m going to give the vets a ring in a minute. The not eating is really concerning me because she’s eaten very little in 3 days. And if she’s in pain, I’d like to get something to help with that. I hate seeing her like this, I just wish I could make it all better for her :(

DaisyBluebell and SusieRainbow like this.
  8. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

Bless you, you're doing everything you can for her, but when they look at you with those reproachful eyes your heart could break !
    She should be starting to feel better now. Ask the vet about some Omeprazole , it made a big difference to both mine.

#68 SusieRainbow, Sep 14, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    ais_rose likes this.
  9. ais_rose

She’s got an appointment at the vets at 4:40pm today, so fingers crossed.

SusieRainbow likes this.
  10. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Good luck poor girl sending get well vibes.

ais_rose likes this.
  11. ais_rose

I’ve just had to rush daisy to the vets. She had diarrhoea and seemed to be in discomfort as she strained to get it out and when I looked, it was liquid and black, which set off alarm bells in my head so I rang the vets. They advised me to bring her right in.

She’s been sedated. They’re going to put some fluids under her skin to keep her hydrated, examine her stomach, do blood tests and an x ray.

We’ve left her with them, they said we can pick her up in an hour or so, or when they call, so we’re staying nearby for a coffee in case anything happens.

I’m so terrified. I’m hoping the insurance can help with the cost, because it’s going to be a lot, but I’m so scared for her and what might happen. I just want her to be okay.

12. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

Oh, that does sound scary poor little mite ! Everything crossed for you, I'll keep my eyes peeled for an update.
    Lots of love and prayers.

ais_rose likes this.
  13. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

What a worry she is in the right place though hopefully they will get to the bottom of the problem.

ais_rose likes this.
  14. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

What a worrying situation; really hope the vets can have her on the mend asap. Hopefully you will have some positive news before the day's end. Take care xx

ais_rose likes this.
  15. 3dogs2cats

3dogs2cats PetForums VIP

Poor Daisy and poor you. Hope the vets are able to find the cause of her illness and soon get her back to good health.

ais_rose likes this.
  16. ais_rose

Good news! (Sort of).

The vet called. The x ray was clear, so no obstruction, her stomach felt loose and relaxed which is good, and her blood test came back normal.

The vet says it’s a severe case of gastroenteritis and likely her stomach has ulcerated slightly, bless her. She’ll be on a special diet for a couple of days and she’ll have two medicines - a gastro liner and antibiotics to soothe and to prevent a gut inflection. Hopefully by sunday she should be improved a bit and she’ll have a follow up appointment on Monday. So, all going well, she should recover and be okay - fingers crossed! In the mean time, she’s poorly and not feeling very well, poor thing, so lots of rest and cuddles.

She’s woozy from the sedation, so we’re picking her up around 4. The vet said not to give her a full meal today, just a spoonful of the special food around 9pm with her tablets.

I remember how woozy and out of it she was last time she was sedated, so I’ll make a comfy little nest on the couch for her and leave her to rest.

I’m so relieved it wasn’t something far worse that would require surgery. I’m still anxious and feel so sorry for her, but the alternative could be so much worse, bless her.

17. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums VIP

Glad to read your update. What a worth the poor girl, hope she’s doing better soon

ais_rose likes this.
  18. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Poor girl :(

Maybe ask the vet if a painkilling injection is possible?

ais_rose and SusieRainbow like this.
  19. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

That's good news hopefully she will be in the mend after some TLC and a few days rest. What a worry.

ais_rose likes this.
  20. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes, definitely ask for pain relief, it can't do any harm.

Lurcherlad and ais_rose like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice