Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Please send good vibes for Daisy

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by ais_rose, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

Plain scrambled egg might be good to try as that's full of protein.

DaisyBluebell and ais_rose like this.
  2. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Poor girl hopefully she will feel better in the morning. Sounds like she is being well looked after by you though.

ais_rose likes this.
  3. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Did the vet give any pain relief?

ais_rose likes this.
  4. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums VIP

Poor girl, hope she’s better soon x

ais_rose likes this.
  5. ais_rose

ais_rose PetForums Senior

No, just an injection to stop the vomiting, this paste I have to give her over 3 days that will help with diarrhoea, and a fluid that should help replace the stuff she lost when vomiting, like electrolytes.

6. ais_rose

Daisy just had a decent drink from her bowl of water. Her tummy made a strange gurgling/croaking sounds as she drank and now keeps gurgling, so I’m worried she’s going to be sick again during the night :(

She’s so lethargic and subdued and anxious, and just not at all herself. I’m so scared, because this reminds me so much of my past dogs, of staying up and wishing to see a sign of their usual ‘self’, only to have to hold them and say goodbye the very next morning. Daisy is so young and I love her so much. The thought of losing her is too painful.

7. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

These tummy upsets really knock the stuffing out of them , and us ! Please try and stay calm and positive , there's every chance she'll be fine . Believe me , I do know what you're going through and how anxious you must feel having been through this with both my girls in the last month.
    Do you normally sleep with her ? I would stay close to her tonight , you'll both sleep better and she'll find comfort in your presence.
    Once when I took Tango to the vet with a tummy upset the vet said after listening to her tummy with her stethoscope ' it sounds as if there's an angry tiger in there !' That really made me smile.:)
    Hopefully she'll be brighter in the morning , try her with a bit of plain scrambled egg for breakfast.
    We were convinced we were going to lose Tango after her last episode , she looked so frail and out of it and is nearly 15 , that didn't make it any easier to contemplate. But she's still very much here, cheeky and funny as ever.
    Reena was very growly with Tango when she was poorly , the vet said they're like us , don't want to be bothered by anyone when they're not feeling well.
    Did the vet ask to see her again ? If you're still worried tomorrow take her back - she may need some pain relief or light sedation to help keep her calm.
    I'll check here first thing in the morning but for now send you both lots of hugs and love - you can do this !

#27 SusieRainbow, Sep 13, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  8. PawsOnMe

PawsOnMe PetForums VIP

Ah no poor girl, hopefully it's just a little tummy bug and she'll be feeling so much better in the morning. X

ais_rose likes this.
  9. Rosie64

Rosie64 PetForums VIP

Poor little mite , I do hope she is feeling better in the morning,

ais_rose likes this.
  10. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

I hope she feels better soon.

ais_rose likes this.
  11. ais_rose

Thank you so much ❤️

She normally sleeps on my bed with me, but tonight she’s decided she wants to be on my parent’s bed with our other dog, Poppy. I’ve put her water bowl where she can get to it as left her be, as much as I don’t want to let her out of my sight for fear of her collapsing during the night or something.

I’m going to call the vets in the morning. I just hope she’s okay until then.

Thank you ❤️

DaisyBluebell and Lurcherlad like this.
  12. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Hope Daisy is a bit brighter this morning x

ais_rose likes this.
  13. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

How is she today?

ais_rose likes this.
  14. ais_rose

Daisy’s drinking a bit more this morning, both from the syringe (my dad got two syringe fulls in her this morning) and from her own bowl.

She ate one or two little training treats, but wouldn’t touch the scrambled egg I made her, or any other food.

She seems marginally perkier and a little bit more herself, but still a ways to go yet. I think I’m going to keep an eye on her this morning and perhaps call the vet later if she seems to not be improving, or gets worse again.

15. ais_rose

I did just ring the vets for some advice and for peace of mind and they agreed that now she’s drinking better and the risk of dehydration isn’t as pressing a concern, to just keep an eye on her, encourage her to eat, and if she’s still not improving in 24-48 hours, then take her back again.

16. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

Glad she's a bit perkier and drinking.
    Tango's first food that she would eat after being poorly was dry- fried lean turkey mince , suggested by @westie~ma. I only gave a little bit to start with , just little tastes frequently. Mind you, she did try to snatch the vet's custard cream out of her hand so must have started to feel better !
    I'll keep checking back , just off to Slimming World class so wish me luck !

DaisyBluebell and ais_rose like this.
  17. ais_rose

Good luck :)

SusieRainbow likes this.
  18. DaisyBluebell

DaisyBluebell Earth, the insane asylum of the Universe

I had to resort to getting water in my Daisy once via the syringe just be careful to do it very slowly so the water doesn't choak her. I even soaked a flannel in water and squeezed it in her mouth then she began to suck on the flannel to my surprise. We all resort to any method to help them. Hope she's feeling a bit better soon.

ais_rose likes this.
  19. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier.

Sorry to hear Daisy's not very well but so pleased to get to the end of the thread and find shes a bit better. Everything crossed she continues to improve and will soon be back to her old self x

ais_rose likes this.
  20. Happy Paws

Happy Paws PetForums VIP

Fingers crossed she carry's on improving and will start eating again very soon. Have you tried her on a little bit of rice pudding,

ais_rose likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice