Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Please send Buster some healing thoughts tomorrow

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Lulus mum, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Lulus mum

Lulus mum PetForums VIP

Our dog Buster ,14, is going to the vets to have his teeth"done"possibly to have extractions too.
    He has always had problems with his teeth and has had 2 operations in the past.
    He has been in quite a bit of discomfort lately and his mouth must feel really bad.

The thing is- he now has dementia and ,as well as his age we were unsure about whether to have this done.Have had a good long talk with our vet ,who is lovely. .She gave him a good check over ,talked to us about what is involved and we decided to go ahead,so he is booked in tomorrow.

We lost our other dog Lulu at the end of January and the thought of losing Buster is too much to bear
    So,if anyone has any spare healing thoughts tomorrow ,please send them his way,as he is a lovely boy and we love him to bits
    (Although he has forgotten how to play with his toys-he still loves his food and still wags his tail when he sees us)

thank you from Maureen(-and Buster)

2. louise5031

louise5031 Guest

I'm sure the vets will take good care of him. Sending positive vibes to you and Buster :)

3. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

Awe bless him, he'll feel so much better without those nasty teeth and I would imagine it's a light anaesthetic and a very quick procedure ;) so try not to worry, he'll be home in no time. :)

Will be thinking of Buster tomorrow and send the very best of healing vibes his way - love and hugs too. xxx

4. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

Lots of luck Buster :) I'm sure you'll be fine

Em
    xx

5. Lulus mum

Lulus mum PetForums VIP

Have felt quite worried tonight-have just been outside to where we buried our other dog ,Lulu,in January,to ask her to look out for her "brother".
    She has some solar lights ,a little wooden cross and a little dog statue ,where she is buried and I say goodnight to her every night.
    Thanks so much for your replies
    from Maureen

6. honeysmummy

honeysmummy PetForums VIP

Hi Maureen i have pm you
    thinking of you and buster tomorrow...he will walk it ;)

kelly xxx

7. Dy1an

Dy1an PetForums Newbie

Good luck Buster. And you too of course!

8. lovewhitegermanshepherds

lovewhitegermanshepherds PetForums Junior

i hope buster is ok sending him happy healing thoughts and you take care of you my thoughts are with you xxx

9. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

Just wondering how you all went on :eek:

Em
    xx

10. Lulus mum

Lulus mum PetForums VIP

Hi
    thanks for all your replies. -only got home after 5 p.m
    Well Busters back home now-didnt have to have any extractions just a scale -a MEGA scale from the looks of his teeth before today
    He is still a bit wobbly and tired-(I didnt post earlier as I had a sit in the sun while Buster "crashed out")
    Im so relieved as to lose him would have been too much to bear.

If anyone has any suggestions about ways of keeping his teeth looking better or food we could give him etc,Id be very grateful.

Im sure he will feel much better now
    Thanks to everyone for your support-
    from Maureen

11. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Glad Buster is Ok and home safely.

12. Lulus mum

Lulus mum PetForums VIP

Was very worried last night. Buster was very tired which I expected ,but when he stood up he was very unsteady on his back legs and kept sitting down, even as late as 11 p.m.
    Nearly came to post on here for advice.

Alan stayed up with him and slept on the couch,then this morning I was worried again as it was nearly 7 and there was no sign of movement downstairs.As it was he had been up since 5 and had a bit to eat-wouldnt eat at all last night-which was good.
    His legs seem O.K,so hes back to his usual self-well whats left of it-that sounds awful-not meant to be-its just that many of the things he did or enjoyed have gone and its so sad sometimes,when he wanders about as if he has lost something .Still we just have to think about what he still does-his walks,his tail wagging when he sees someone he knows and sometimes a look that seems to show that he still knows who we are.
    Thanks again for ll your support-hope I can repay it when you need it
    from Maureen

13. sonia123

sonia123 PetForums Member

hi lulus mum what do you feed buster:D

14. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

Glad he's home safe and dry and eating. Bet he'll be more settled in a day or two - takes a while for anaesthetic to completely wear off.

Big hugs from here. xxx

15. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

Glad you're home big puppy :) As Malmum says, anesthetic takes a while

Big hugs

Em
    xx

16. Lulus mum

Lulus mum PetForums VIP

Hiya
    We lost our other dog .Lulu .at the end of Jan.

We adopted them both together 14 yrs ago from the rescue I worked for.
    Buster had had 2 homes before us ,dont know about Lulu.
    It was difficult sometimes as if we chose 1 brand of food -1 would LOVE it and the other would HATE it.
    Have tried all the well known brands to try and find 1 they both liked.

Have sometimes used a mixer,as well-Pedigree Chum or Winalotetc
    .Buster seems to find mixers hard to chew,
    He is very easy to feed-Lulu was more fussy.

Want to give him something now that
    he enjoys
    and that will be good for his teeth

Dont know how long he will have left with us,but I want him to enjoy it -and as Ive said-food is 1 of the few things he still remembers that he likes
    Thanks again for all your support
    Maureen

17. sonia123

sonia123 PetForums Member

well i was going to say that dog meat roots there teeth easily.we had a 14 year old jack russel who had 2 operations to take his teeth out and the last operation he had they said they were only taking a couple of teeth out but the took them all and left him with just 2 teeth on the bottom and he found it hard to eat his meat with mixer in so we started giving him them bakers complete the one with just the meaty chunks in and he found them easy to eat because there soft.but unfortunatly he isnt with us anymore he got put to sleep in january.so maybe you could try that hope this was helpful for you:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice