Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Please Save My Olive!

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Hassan Ijaz, May 25, 2019.

1. Hassan Ijaz

Hassan Ijaz PetForums Newbie

Hey there everyone,
    I was referred by a friend of mine to share the experience of the suffering through which my olive (dog) is passing. I would appreciate if any expert let me know about the treatment, although I am taking her to the vet regularly, but, unfortunately, so far no recovery in sight. Moreover, my doctor told me that her survival chances are quite low. One more thing, I had her vaccinated on time still she was attacked by this virus.
    Disease:
    I was told by the doctor that Olive had an attack of CANINE DISTEMPER.
    Symptoms:
    She is very much dull, having difficulty in breathing, paws swollen, so weak that she couldn't even stand, secretion from mouth, mouth shivering.
    It's been 4-5 days since she is suffering. She's just a 4 month old.
    Anyone who could recommend me with appropriate treament and what should I do to save her? Looking forward to your response. I have uploaded videos to provide a better view for you guys to examine and recommend.

2. Jamesgoeswalkies

Jamesgoeswalkies PetForums VIP

Are you in the UK ? If she is only 16 weeks and already has the virus then it may be that she contracted this from her breeding environment or from being born to an unvaccinated mother who couldn't pass on antibodies. (Which is why having her vaccinated hasn't helped). It's rare in the UK now but on the rise with imported dogs. I'm sorry your pup is going through this. You are doing the right thing following the advice of your Vet. I wish your pup well ..... I expect she is on antibiotics, just keep her hydrated and comfortable .

J

O2.0 and Lurcherlad like this.
  3. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Pls stop posting pics of your dog suffering.

If you’re concerned, take her back to the vets.

If she can’t be saved then the kindest thing would be to put her to sleep.

O2.0, lullabydream and JoanneF like this.
  4. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

videos removed.

mrs phas, Lurcherlad and JoanneF like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice