Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Please read full thread. I Received a Back to Work Focused Interview Letter.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cuddlesmycat, Nov 7, 2012.

1. cuddlesmycat

cuddlesmycat Guest

This makes me laugh.

I received a letter today 7th November 2012 dated 15th October 2012 from the Job Centre Plus (Now let me explain my circumstances, I get carers allowance benefits and income support because I care for someone full time between 40 and 168 hours a week). Now back to the letter, the letter states that I must attend a work focused interview on the 14th November 2012. I don't have the time to work as I am a full time carer, hours mentioned above. Are they trying to run me into the ground or something?

I tried phoning them to explain that I am also on carers allowance and I am caring for someone full time and the person dealing with the interview is conveniently on holiday and no one else can deal with this. I am not being funny either but is this the thanks I get for doing what I do and get paid peanuts to do it as well from the benefits agency. I don't expect any thanks as I do what I do out of the kindness of my heart.

2. Muze

Muze PetForums VIP

DWP are notorious for stupid mistakes with dates etc.

I had to attend one of these and tbh it was mostly just confirming my circumstances, I think they wanted to see me, that I was who I was IYKWIM.

Lots of people are sadly suffering through the recent changes, if you're concerned I'd advice you get advice from CAB or a local carer's organisation.

Sorry you find youself in such difficult circumstances, I'm sure the person you care for appreciates you immensely :)

3. cuddlesmycat

cuddlesmycat Guest

If they need confirmation I am still caring for this person that is cool with me, every consultant at the hospital that this person attends can tell them the commitment I give and the GP can vouch for me as well.

4. rona

rona Still missing my boys

That's no good.

Some little jobs worth has got to justify their salary :(

5. Goldstar

Goldstar PetForums VIP

They seem to be trying to cause as much stress as possible for everyone at the moment.

My brother just had a letter saying that JSA payments can be sanctioned for upto 3 years now.

6. DoodlesRule

DoodlesRule PetForums VIP

My sister is carer for her daughter 24:7 she still has to go to these meetings quite regularly

7. cuddlesmycat

cuddlesmycat Guest

It must be something new they have introduced because I have been a carer for 8 years now and never had to attend one of these meetings :)

8. DoodlesRule

Sis carer for 28 years now I think it is, I think she's been going to these meetings for a couple of years now.

Different part of the country, governments often test out their latest ideas on the peasants further north before introducing elsewhere :(

9. cuddlesmycat

cuddlesmycat Guest

How often are these meetings do you know (Weekly, monthly etc)?

10. DoodlesRule

Not that often, not sure if its just once a year certainly no more than half yearly. Basically its just to check whether her situation is the same - not sure what they expect perhaps for her to say no I took her to Lourdes its a miracle she can now walk, talk, feed herself etc :confused:

11. cuddlesmycat

cuddlesmycat Guest

This is my point, unless a divine miracle happens and the person I look after gets cured from the illness and disability this person has there is no way I am going to be able to return to work. Seriously they keep picking on the wrong people. :rolleyes:

#11 cuddlesmycat, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2012
  12. Lavenderb

Lavenderb PetForums VIP

The whole thing to me seems to be a huge conspiracy against anyone who dares claim a benefit.
    You're sick? Well we can still squeeze a days work out of you despite the fact you're dieing.
    You're disabled? Nevermind, off you trot and push buttons with your nose you slacker!

You care for someone 24/7? Well we've magically found another 10 hours in the day you can work .

I'm aiming that at genuine cases, not people who enjoy living off benefits. I know people on low wages struggle too, but the benefits system makes every step in their system feel like a mountain to climb. It's no wonder there is a rise in the amount of people suffering from depression etc...they have brought me to my knees in the past.

13. cuddlesmycat

cuddlesmycat Guest

I don't enjoy living off benefits trust me. I wish I could return to work but when can I do this, it's very rare I get anytime for myself.

14. Lavenderb

Lavenderb PetForums VIP

I saw a lady who was obviously disabled herself at a work focused interview. She was also her husbands carer, he was bedbound. Thats how heartless the system is. The same system that called me in for an 'interview' 3 months after my ex had been imprisoned for 4 years...they wanted to check he hadn't moved back in. I'm not in the habit of breaking paedophiles out of HMP's for rehoming :rolleyes:

15. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

Unfortunately with soo many people abusing the system the government now see fit to treat everyone as guilty intil proven innocent, repeatedly :rolleyes:

16. Muze

Muze PetForums VIP

Just wanted to let OP know that I've recently been told they can do these over the phone if you ask, sometimes, especially if you are unable to attend due to disability or caring duties :eek:

17. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

You forgot to add Lavs:

"Oh, you're a lazy lying shyster who's never worked a day in their life, never actually intend to and want the world you keep in the style of living to which you have become accustomed on your make-believe illness....? No problem sir, how much more money would you like????"

:incazzato: :incazzato: :incazzato:

18. myshkin

myshkin PetForums VIP

There aren't as many as people think though - the government's own statistics reckon fraudulent claims amount to less than 1% of all claims. Not everyone wil agree with me, but I don't feel that percentage of fraud costs the country enough to justify the heartless treatment of people who are already at a disadvantage. It's small change compared to tax evasion, for example.

19. Lavenderb

Lavenderb PetForums VIP

That's one reason I can't understand why people chose to live on it mogs. I dread the post every day in case they are stopping my money.they have had me in tears so often it not worth it. I'm going to start work hopefully in the new year because I want to.

20. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

I think the problem is that those who are genuinely in need tell the truth as it is - they feel so bad or ill, it wouldn't cross their mind to embellish their symptoms or conditions.

Those who are on the take however, do everything possible to make their 'case' seem as bad as they possibly can to ensure the cushty lifestyle they have created continues. Don't also forget that many of these shysters have little tax-free side-lines going on because they are not ill and can manage to do these things.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice