Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Please please read need help

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by staflove, Jul 23, 2009.

1. staflove

staflove PetForums VIP

Im posting this here i no its the wrong place but i need as much advice as possible, a lady from my estate came round at 10pm last night with a tiny bird that her friemds cat brought in she did not no what to do so me been animal mad and taking in rescues asked me for help, they put it in a hamster cage and i gave it crumbs bacon ryne and water i really thought it would be dead but when i took the cover of him this morning he was cherping at me and running around.

So what do i do its crule to keep in there so i have put him in the front garden but hes just hiding behind a box im going home at lunch to see him if hes there and if he his il bring him in tonight and cover him again but it dose not seem right to do this but i carnt let him get hurt and he can not fly hes a baby black bird as i have looked it up if anyone knows anything with birds please get back to me.

Thanks guys :(

kittykat likes this.
  2. Nicci

Nicci Guest

3. rona

rona Guest

It should either have been put back where it was found so that it's mother could findit or taken to a wild life sanctuary, unless you have the time to feed it regularly
    Try pming DD

4. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

we found one a few years back, magpies were attacking it, we kept it in a hutch in the garden and mom came to feed it, eventually when it started to look stronger and was old enough to start eating on its own (was eating seed and worms we put in) then we let it go and never saw it again, we didnt handle it because we didnt want it getting used to people but it was nice watching mom coming to feed it.

maybe you could put the hamster cage where it was found and see if mom comes to feed it, if not you might have to consider other options.

5. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Rona is right it should have been put straight back where found so mother could have come back..Or taken to a wildlife center!!

Baby birds need to be feed every 15mintues!! No joke!!! From a stuff called "tropican" im not sure if you can get it in a local pet store! or not!

Baby birds well all birds are very difficult to tube feed and if its that young it will need tub feeding! I have only just got the hang of it and i have been learning for 6months! If the tropican goes down the wrong hole the bird will just choke and die!! Drowning its air holes!

I really would suggest that you ring a local wildlife hospital and hand the bird over or get in contact with the RSPCA if there nearer as i know most are linked to wildlife centers and will help get the animals to them!!

#5 DevilDogz, Jul 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2009
  6. staflove

staflove PetForums VIP

Thats the problem we dont no cos the cat brought it in the house, i have found someone who looks afterbirds and tries to get them right so its going there and its eating and drinking for me :)

7. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

If its eatting and drinking then its isnt a baby!

Good luck with the person thats going to take it on!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice