Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

please help!!!

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by fifi, Mar 11, 2008.

1. fifi

fifi PetForums Newbie

Hi I have 3 dogs..the youngest is an 8 month old cocker spaniel bitch...I am at the end of my tether with her...we have a large garden which she plays in but insists in coming in to the house to do the toilet !Also when she goes a walk she never does the toilet, the other 2 are fine?? I put her out late at night and wait til she performs...but we havnt had a clean floor in months every morning the same...also could be a few times throughout the day ! I have tried praising her when she does it outside...she just doesnt seem to get it !!!:(

2. karen

karen PetForums Junior

One of mine won't go on leash either!!! odd!

THIS IS MY ADVICE:

take your dog on a very long walk. if he goes at any point give him a titbit. and calm praise. If your out long enough he'll have to go!
    If he hasn't gone then when you return take him to your garden straight away. release him and when he goes give him a titbit and calm praise.
    Reduce all praise and attenion whilst training him. That way he'll learn poo outside get praise... no praise anywhere else. only get affection when i poo outdoors. You can up the cuddles in a while.

Failing this try crating him. He's less likely to soil his own space.

If he's going inside it's cause he doesn't understand he shouldn't. I can be hard to get this message accross. But rest assured he knows your annoyed but doesn't know what for. Try moving him rooms too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice