Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Please Help!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Miss Happy, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Miss Happy

Miss Happy PetForums Newbie

Hello,

Im new here so firstly hello to everyone!

My two babies have been loved and cared for the best any cat would want to be but i am not in a situation that they can no longer live with me due to an 'no indoor pets' policy. I have considered many options but id love to be able to find the perfect loving home for my little darlings. They both have fantastic personalities but are completely different. The look the same as they are brother and sister, i got them directly from the owner of the mother 3 years ago and i have watched them grow in to fantastic cats. The have both had their operations so they can no longer have kittens. I am taking them both to the vets next week for a full check up before i pass them on. The are both house trained but woud hate to be converted to house bound pets as they love the outdoors. They get on great with other smaller animals, tortoises freak them out (moving rocks) and there not too keen on dogs to lov tormenting them. Princess loves singing to birds on the roof tops, she follows me around the house, loves to be brushed and is very playfull but only occasionally sits on my knee for cuddle, but she loves to be close by. My little boy Wisper is completely the opposite, he loves the attention, he loves to be stroked and brushed and be waiting to be invited on to your knee for a cuddle.

My cats are currently living in my old house. Due to work i am having to relocate and the apartment i have had ended up renting has a 'no pets' policy. Unfortunately if i coud have let the oppertunity go i would have but now i have to find a new home for my babies.
    I have had friends recomending catterys and rescue centres but i just can not allow them to be locked in a cage untill someone offers them a decent home.

Thats when i thought of all the cat lovers out there.
    I know its alot to ask as i am sure all of you already have cats and probably dont want any more. But if anyone out there knows of anyone that is looking for 2 house trained cats to be their friends then please contact me.
    As much as id hate to let them go, i just cant offer them the love and attention they need and i feel awfull leaving them every morning. They have lived all their life with someone around them all the time, there has always been someone at home and now i feel like im neglecting them when i leave them every morning for up to 8 / 9 hours aday. They need love that i can no longer offer them. I dont want any money for them, i just want someone to love them as much as i do.
    Im going to hate giving them up but with the hours i now work i can not give them the care and attention they need.

Please contact me with any information that may help me in this situation.

Thank you in advance.

Love Nicola

Attached Files:

2. Esined

Esined PetForums VIP

oh bless you, it must be heart breaking, I cant imagen how you must feel, I wish you all the best. Where are you located and I will ask around for you:(

3. Its horrible....Any chance at all to find a "pet welcome" home for you all?
    You see - its not only you - them will be heartbroken too. Sorry....

4. siams

siams PetForums Member

Thats so sad,i hope you can find a great home for them.

5. Miss Happy

Miss Happy PetForums Newbie

Hello,

Thank you everyone for your replys.

After i spoke to a few people on here and read a few threds, i posted an advert on the other website and the day after i had a lady phone up in my area and offered to collect them that very day. After taking them to the vets to a through check up to make sure they were ok to go to their new home with Sam and her faimily so i dropped them off that night. My little princess was frightened at first but Wisper settled in perfectly, and loved his new friends. I was worried about Princess at first because she found a gap behind their fridge and stayed there for a long time but when i went to get her out she came out easily. She just needed reassuring that everything was ok, she is /was mummys little girl so no wonder she was frightened. She never used to go anywhere without me. Bless her!
    So... it was last thursday i dropped them off so im going to call Sam tonight now they have had the weekend to settle in and see how their doing!
    Fingers crossed everything is ok!

Again thank you everyone! Im sure, as sad as i am, my babies are much happier now they have someone to care and love them as much as i did but have more time to spend with them.

Thank you

Love Nicola:)

6. may

may PetForums VIP

I'm so pleased you found them a good home Nicola :D

7. Broxdown

Broxdown PetForums Junior

Aw that's brilliant news Nicola! Perhaps you should direct their new owner to this website :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice