Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Please help with indoor cat problem!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by pois, May 26, 2010.

1. pois

pois PetForums Newbie

Hello all,

Can anyone help me with my problem? I currently have an outdoor/indoor cat and a severe tick problem in my area. As I have a baby and have found ticks in the house, we've decided to try to have an indoor cat. Our cat is nearly 2 and we're not sure how he'll react to this sudden enclosure. Anyway, as it would be nice to be able to open doors and windows (we live in a hot climate) and for Oscar to have some outdoor time we are trying to enclose our terrace with little success. Here are some photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The current fencing is 1m and he just hops over it and walks the metal bar. We can get some higher stuff at 1.5m but we don't really want to go higher. We could keep the remaining stuff there and attach it to other side of the metal bars so he wouldn't be able to walk along these. We'd rather not use netting as this'll look pretty ugly and we want to keep the space for us too. Does anyone have any experience in this area? Is 1.5 m of metal fencing going to keep him in. On the other side of the fence there's a drop of about 2m from the terrace floor to the ground. Any suggestions MUCH appreciated:confused1:

2. rona

rona Guest

The only thing that I can think of is a light netting canopy
    Something like fruit cage netting.
    Not sure if this would be safe :confused:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice