Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Please help, sudden fussy

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Addie225, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Addie225

Addie225 PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum (hello!) And I'm a first time dog owner. My puppy is now 10 weeks old (Cockapoo), and we got her when she was 8 weeks old. Up till a few days ago, she was a handful but she listened and was picking up her training and I've been practicing good chewing habits with her so she doesn't destroy the living room. However the last few days she's not listening, she's trying to get into things she's not suppose to (that she never use to go near) and is also starting to cry at times when she never use to (she never use to cry when I left the room or in the morning before I let her out of her crate). She's also not napping during the day as much as she use to, so I've been doing more training and trying to play with her more (although she doesn't seem that interested in playing) but she doesn't seem to tire. I'm not allowed to take her outside until this Friday and I'm not sure what to do the next few days. Is this normal? Does anyone have any tips?

Thanks for any help you can give!

2. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

She is a puppy and is behaving like one. You can take her out in the garden and you can carry her round with you when you do your daily exercise.

Addie225, lullabydream and Lurcherlad like this.
  3. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Absolutely agree with @Blitz typical puppy behaviour. It's called the honeymoon period is over and I am coming out of my shell. Nothing to worry about.

Now you just need to up your training

Addie225 and Lurcherlad like this.
  4. Addie225

Addie225 PetForums Newbie

Thank you both, I've never had a dog before and so I was worried it was something I was doing but if it's normal behaviour than I'll just be as consistent as I can be. @Blitz I carried her with me on walk and she calmed right down by the time I got back, so thanks for that suggestion!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice