Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Please Help something bite my cat!!!!!

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by amore31, Jun 25, 2009.

1. amore31

amore31 PetForums Newbie

About 2 day ego my cat return home from outside, i have noticed his was not his self... Hi could not eat( it looked like hi has swollen something) his saliva was drriping out. easterday i went to vets and they told me he was bitten by something( the vet didn't know exactly what was it!!!). I took him home hi looked o.k , had some food , but after few hours everything started again. We found the bite on his tale , but we still don't know and what to do next.
    Please help if someone has been in the same situation!!!!!!

#1 amore31, Jun 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  2. Elmstar

Elmstar PetForums VIP

It's probably another cat or a fox. Take him back to the vet as he's likely to need a course of anti-biotics.

3. amore31

amore31 PetForums Newbie

Thank you so much. But the bite is from spider or snake. I am going to the vets in few hours, but its seems the don't know eather...

4. Dr.Marie

Dr.Marie PetForums Member

This often happens - we know that a cat has been bitten but don't know by what. We generally treat them all the same though. Most cats will need antibiotics given by mouth.

Most snakebites are treated the same way. There are some areas that have poisonous snakes but these bites are usually really obvious with horrible swelling and even sloughing.

Hope your cat does ok!

Dr. Marie.
    Need advice NOW for your cat? Ask a vet here!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice