Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

please help moulting probs

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by tasha15, Apr 27, 2011.

1. tasha15

tasha15 PetForums Member

bonnie was on vitalin adult maintence but only eat every now and then she really didnt enjoy it i changed her onto arden grange lamb and rice and now she eats every time i put it down but the only thing is she has been on it for about a month now and she started moulting which i think is normal for the time of year but she hasnt stopped and its getting worse i brush her through and get big bunches and need to do it like 2 times a day the carpet is covered she has never been this bad do you think it could be the food? she is a border collie nearly 2 thanks

2. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

It is probably just a massive moult, mine are in the process although ones now finished, she went right down to her outer coat. All you can really do is keep grooming, and hoover a lot, and wait.

The is something called yumega, that is a coat supplement thats had really good reviews and as well as improving coat health its said to help with excessive moulting. You can get it in Pets at home as well as other places.

Lintbells - Proven to improve your pet's health. Naturally - Lintbells is the manufacturers if you want to check it out. They do Yumega and Yumega Plus, although the Plus is for sensitive skin and for when they are itching and scratching.

3. tasha15

tasha15 PetForums Member

i do give her grizzly salmon oil probably just blowing it its just shes never done it this much but then again she only had her 1st season in jan when she was 1 and 1/2 years old will see how she goes thank you for your reply

4. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

My one had a massive moult after her first season, Think its pretty normal,
    in fact when she came into season, a friend of mine whos miles more experienced then me said, just wait for the moult, and boy was she correct.

5. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

it may be seasonal, however my breed can moult after a change of food.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice