Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Please Help me !

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by gunnell, Aug 12, 2009.

1. gunnell

gunnell PetForums Newbie

Hi,

I was wandering if anyone had any advice for me.
    This morning ( about 20 minutes ago ) i had just finished walking my 8 month old cavalier knig charles spaniel. She jumped out the car and landed on the floor. A split second later she started yelping really loudly and constantly for around half a minute or more like she had been shot ! She went running off pulling the lead out hand and ran across to the neighbours who were on their drive, desperately trying to get in their house (??!). When i looked on the floor where she had landed there was a browny orange coloured 'gunk' on the floor.
    I cannot see any injuries as such to her and havent seen her walk yet as she is just lying on the sofa dozing and feeling sorry for herself. The speed she ran in and got on the sofa though would indicate that she hadnt broken any bones ?

Any ideas ??

2. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

it might have been a caustic substance and burnt her? I would take her to the vets to make sure there is no damage to her skin etc.

or she may have landed badly and ran off in fright when the pain hit.

3. rona

rona Guest

Could it have been the insides of a wasp?

4. jilly40

jilly40 PetForums VIP

if in any doubt a trip to the vets is always the best bet,put your mind @ rest.let us know how you get on xx

5. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

When in doubt, they need to go to the vet.

6. gunnell

gunnell PetForums Newbie

I dont think it was the inside of anything as there was a fair bit of it ! I thought she might have lost control of her self due the pain she was in ?
    Think i will wait and see how she is and then ring the vet

7. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

I agree that a trip to the vets is the best bet, for peace of mind if nothing else

8. jilly40

jilly40 PetForums VIP

wont cost you anything to ring the vets for advice ;)

9. Nina

Nina PetForums VIP

I would contact the vets asap

10. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Perhaps as she jumped from the car, she landed on this stuff and sprained something or twisted her paw. Have she got any of this stuff on her paws or fur??? I would phone the vet for her to be checked over just in case they maybe something you cant see dogs have been known to run with fractured legs when they are frightened. Hope she is ok. xxxxxxxx

11. Yourgifts Ourgifts

Yourgifts Ourgifts PetForums VIP

Agree with Rona does sound like she has stood on something that has maybe stung her..A quick call to the vets will do no harm..;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice